Beautiful wavy curls at all times were the pride of a woman. What to do if nature does not endow the lady with delightful curls? Nowadays, nothing is impossible, and in order to make your hair curly, you can use a perm. The procedure can be done both in the salon and at home. About how at home to do a perm, and will be discussed further.
About chemical perm
How to make a perm at home? There is nothing complicated in this; it’s enough to follow the instructions described below.
Perm is a difficult procedure and allows you to become the owner of curly hair. This style helps to look always well-groomed. It is real to make a curl without leaving the house. Before it is carried out, it should be borne in mind that even the most benign means harm the hair and completely change their structure.
Types of hair curling
There are several types of chemical hair dressing:
- Acidic Provides long-lasting effect and reliable fixation. Suitable for any type of hair. It damages the curls. After its implementation, a number of restoration procedures are required.
- Alkaline. This is a softer type of curling than acid. Helps to create the effect of natural curls. Keeps a long time, but not suitable for all hair.
- Neutral. It is the most gentle method. It helps to create wavy curls along the entire length, regardless of their condition and type.
- Amino acid. Suitable for owners of weak and fragile strands. Not only curls curls, but also nourishes them with proteins and amino acids during the procedure.
Every day professional stylists come up with new ways to acquire curly hair, but despite this, many women think how to do the perm at home.
Before you do a perm at home, you need to prepare for it. Twenty days before the event can not be painted curls. Not superfluous before chemical perm will be a test for sensitivity to drugs. To do this, behind the ear should put a little money and wait a day. If an allergic reaction does not follow, then the product can be used and, on the contrary, with irritation and rash, it is better to refuse to use the drug.
Before the event, you should see how the chemical will act on the hair. To do this, a small curl is treated with a composition for waving. If after a couple of minutes the strand breaks, the concentration of the solution is halved. The procedure is repeated on the other strands. If the hair is still torn, it is necessary to abandon the perm and pay attention to the restoration, strengthening of the hair.
All funds for this event should match the type of hair. For long bobbins choose a larger diameter, for short - smaller. Be sure to assess the condition of the hair before curling. Weak strands should not be subjected to such an event.
Before the procedure, the curls are moistened, which improves the absorbency of the chemical solution, shortens the exposure time of the preparation, makes the curl more natural, and to a lesser extent injures the curls.
Tools for work
Before you make a perm in the home "Locked", you need to prepare the tools. For the procedure will need:
- a comb with rare teeth and a pointed end,
- hair curlers with a retainer or a bobbin of the required diameter, about 50-80 pieces,
- non-metallic containers
- foam sponge
- plastic clips,
- gloves, as well as a headband,
- cellophane cap,
- two towels.
To create curls, you can use not only "Lokon", but also ready-made sets for chemical perm.
In addition to the tools, you need citric acid or vinegar in a concentration of 6% or 9%, shampoo, restoring balm, which is applied to the hair after the "chemistry", nourishing cream or petroleum jelly.
Stages waving "curl"
To learn about how to make a perm at home "Locked", you need to carefully read the instructions of the drug. The perm by this agent is divided into three stages: it is perm, neutralization and fixation.
Each step of this procedure has its own characteristics and is necessary for finding beautiful curly strands.
Carrying curls "curl"
How to make a perm at home (photo of the result of the procedure can be viewed below), will be discussed further. For the procedure should be:
- Divide hair into several parts. Each strand is processed by “Curl”, combed and wound on bobbins (curlers). After all the hair is wrapped, it is covered with a plastic hat and a towel. From this moment the time of the wave is counted.
- The period of exposure for all hair is different. On soft strands, the drug is held for up to 20 minutes, on a normal type of hair - up to 16-18 minutes, on hard curls - no more than 10-12 minutes.
- After the specified time, you should deploy several locks in different parts of the head and see the degree of curling. If the curl is not formed, then the strand is wound again on the curlers. The next control perm carried out in five minutes. So do until the curl will not find the desired shape. The maximum exposure time of "LoCo" on the hair is 45 minutes.
- After the curls are formed, the curler is washed off, without removing the curler or bobbin, trying not to mix the strands together. The towel is applied to the hair to collect the remaining moisture.
After curling the strands go to the stage of neutralization of the chemical.
Carrying out neutralization
To carry out neutralization you need:
- One third of a teaspoon of lemon is dissolved in a fourth of a glass of water. Grind 4 tablets of hydroperit until powdered and add them to a solution of citric acid. Add a quarter cup of water and half a teaspoon of shampoo. That's all - the composition for neutralization is ready.
- Neutralizer abundantly moisten each strand. The procedure is carried out twice, spending on hair exactly half of the prepared solution. After processing the hair is left for ten minutes.
- After the specified time, the curls are freed from curlers and moistened with residual solution. Withstand neutralizer for another five minutes.
To fix the curls, you can replace the hydropery with perhydrol. Here, half a teaspoon of lemon is diluted in a quarter glass of water and 1.5 teaspoons of perhydrol are added there. In the resulting composition add another ½ cup of water. The consumption of a neutralizing substance is influenced by the length and thickness of the scalp. The prepared composition must be used immediately and cannot be stored.
In order to fix the result, a third of a teaspoon of the lemon leaves is dissolved in a liter of boiled water and the hair is carefully rinsed with this solution. This operation is repeated 3-4 times. Hair after such treatment is soft and supple, it remains only to comb and lay.
If the curls are strongly discolored, you should increase the volume of water in the solution to two liters, the proportion of citric acid does not change.
At home, it is easy to make a perm with “Curl”; you just have to follow the instructions above. All steps of the procedure should be performed sequentially.
Some ladies are interested in how to do a perm at home on long hair with “Lokon”. The procedure in this case is performed in the same way as on the strands of medium and short length. The only options for perm may be different. Here you can wind the curlers not along the entire length of the hair, but from the middle, or you can curl the hair only on the lower part.
How to make a perm at home without the "Lokona"?
At home, you can make a chemical dressing without Lokon, buying ready-made kits for the event at the store of professional cosmetics. The procedure includes the following steps:
- Before you curl, you should wash the curls without air conditioning and balsam-rinse.
- Strand a little dry towel.
- Hair curled on curlers, starting from the back of the head.
- Around the head skin cover smeared with petroleum jelly in the hairline.
- Apply a curler. If you need soft curls, hold for 10 minutes, for a strong curl takes half an hour.
- Put on a hat and wrap the hair with a towel.
- To control the perm by unrolling a few curls: if the result is satisfactory, the product is washed off, and if the strand is not sufficiently twisted, wait another 5-10 minutes.
- Next, the hair is processed fixative. Stand 10 minutes, remove the curlers and curls put again the rest of the latch. After 5 minutes, the hair is washed with water.
- Curls rinsed with water and vinegar.
- Apply a reducing agent.
Before you do the perm at home to yourself, you should carefully study the instructions for the finished set. The curler has an average of 25 minutes per strand of a hard type, 20 minutes for medium ones and 15 minutes for thin ones.
Before you do the perm at home on your own, you need to consider the propensity of the skin to allergies. In addition, the procedure is not performed on loose and damaged strands, with alopecia. It is forbidden to do "chemistry" for women with bleached hair, as well as blondes.
Perm is not carried out during the menstrual cycle and a few days after its completion. It can not be done to pregnant and lactating women, as well as if a person takes strong hormones. Do not resort to the procedure for colds and infectious diseases.
Chemical perm strands held at home, requires special attention. In its conduct should follow the following rules:
- If the curls were treated with a reducing agent, the curl is done when they are completely cut off.
- “Chemistry” is done only when the previous curl disappears completely from the hair.
- During the procedure can not use metal products.
- In order not to damage the skin of the hands and nail plate, the procedure is carried out in rubber gloves.
- In case of contact with the eyes, immediately wash them with water.
- To accelerate the formation of the curl can not use a hair dryer, as this will increase the degree of injury to the hair.
- If there are injuries on the skin of the head (abrasions, wounds), the procedure is not performed.
Compliance with the above rules will help to avoid undesirable consequences and to achieve the desired result.
About caring procedures
Even a properly performed procedure using the most benign products can harm hair. Therefore, the head of hair after the "chemistry" should be given special attention:
- actively use special reducing agents
- a few days after curling, do not use a hairdryer and comb curls as rarely as possible,
- do nourishing masks at least once a week and at least 10 sessions,
- should protect the strands from exposure to ultraviolet rays,
- it is possible to dye the scalp only a couple of weeks after the “chemistry”,
- aggressive method of finding curls should prefer a more gentle, such as biowave.
The chemical perm made at home does not look thinner than the salon. The main thing is not to hurry and observe the sequence of all actions.
Curl without curling and curlers
Then we will talk about how to perm at home without curlers and curling. These devices can successfully replace cotton rags. For this, the unnecessary thing is cut into strips, the width of which for large curls is about 8 cm, for small ones - 3 cm.
Will help save the situation and the paper-papilotki. To do this, cut out of glossy paper rather narrow strips, twist them in the form of tubes, the end is fixed with tape. Strands on them have a spiral from top to bottom. The tubule is twisted with a ring and secured with an invisible hairpin or barrette. This type of curling helps to get large and tight curls.
Replace the curlers and curling help pigtails. With their help, you can give your hair the desired volume and waviness. Pigtails are braided on wet, clean strands. The more braids, the curls will be smaller. Such manipulations are done at night, and the hair before bedtime should be slightly dried with a hairdryer.
There are many more ways to curl without curling and curlers. They cause less damage to the hair, and the result is quite decent.
How to make a perm at home for short hair, medium and long, was written above. From this it must be concluded that the procedure does not cause any particular difficulties for women, and the effect does not differ from the salon.
Types of perm hair
In order to understand what kind of perm you wanted to receive as a result, you need to determine its main types. Perm hair is the following types:
- American This type is considered the most popular and is intended for strands of medium length. Twisting the strands on special big curlers, get large expressive curls.
- Radical. It is less popular because the strands quickly grow at the roots and then you can see the transition. This perm is suitable for girls with thin short hair. The amount of curl will depend on the exposure time of the chemical agent.
- Vertical. This type of waving is suitable for owners of long strands. For beautiful curls, use even bobbins. The hair is twisted from root to tip. The size of the curl will depend on the size of the bobbin.
- Sparing Also called this kind - biowave. The biochemical composition of biowaves does not contain ammonia, but ciscin protein, which is less traumatic for curls and fills them with nutrients. Use biowave even on dyed and damaged strands.
- Japanese The second name of this technology is silk wave. By biochemical composition, it is similar to biowave. This includes silk proteins and neutral ph technology that minimize strand damage. Japanese perm is suitable for medium length. The result is elastic and strong curls.
How to do a perm at home (technology)
Perm hair - a long and laborious process. Therefore, you need to be patient in order to get the desired result.
Before starting the procedure, prepare materials necessary for curling at home:
- Preparation for a wave.
- Plastic or wooden curlers.
- Plastic tank for mixing the solution.
- Towel and napkins.
- Little cap
Please note that the use of metal containers, curlers, combs is prohibited - the metal will react with the chemical preparation.
To obtain as a result of large curls and elastic curls, strictly follow all the steps of the technology for performing curls at home:
- Curling should be carried out in a well-ventilated area.
- Before using the product for curling test for allergies: put a few drops of it on the wrist. If the reaction did not occur, then you can continue the procedure. In case of allergies, replace the agent with another.
- Wash your hair with shampoo.
- For convenience, distribute the strands into several parts and start gradually winding them on the curlers.
- Take a chemical solution and evenly soak all the strands that are prewound with curlers. Try to apply gently, without getting on the skin.
- Put on a special cap and cover the top with a towel.
- After 15-25 minutes, rinse the hair curler thoroughly with running water.
- Top curlers need to apply a special fixing agent for five minutes.
- Carefully remove the curlers and repeat the application of the lock for another 5 minutes.
- Wash the skin of the head with chemical agents and apply a regenerating preparation.
- Dispensing curls, dry your head with a hair dryer.
How much is holding up
The resulting effect of perm persists for four to six months. After this, it is necessary to take a break of two to three months in order for the hair to rest from the means used in the curl.
Only with the right treatment of curls, will increase the duration of the result. Our useful recommendations will tell you how to care for curls and help maintain a large elastic curl up to six months.
Recommendation # 1. Wash hair after curling.
- To wash your hair, use special shampoos containing vitamins and moisturizing oils.
- When washing, gently distribute each curl and do not forget to massage the scalp.
- Finally, apply a nourishing, light balm.
Recommendation # 2. Drying hair after curling.
- Try to dry your hair naturally without using a hair dryer. Add volume with a diffuser.
- In winter, blow-dry at low temperatures, applying styling foam for curls and hair tips.
Means and hair care after the procedure
Care for hair after a perm procedure is necessary, using special professional tools. These products are sold in a beauty salon, in specialized outlets or through online stores. Thanks to professional shampoos, balms and masks, each curl and curl will be elastic and expressive.
- Matrix Biolage Exquisite - Micro Oil Shampoo
Ingredients: Moringa tree oil, macadamia extract, sweet almond and other active ingredients.
Action: the composition enriched with oils will help curls to look healthy and fluffy after curling. The oils penetrate deeply into each hair, restoring its structure. Thanks to the components of Anti-Frizz, curls permanently retain their elasticity and brilliance, regardless of weather conditions.
What types of perm exist?
Perm - curls for a long time. What kinds exist?
Reliable fixation, for a long time, use acid. You can use almost everyone except those with weak, brittle hair. This hair is more suitable alkaline. She is more gentle. Curls look natural and stay long.
For liquid and weak hair, you can make amino acid wavy hair. It restores, heals and nourishes them. There are other types, for example:
- root, creates volume at the roots,
- American, with this kind of use special curlers,
- Kavring - temporary perm.
If you want to get the result of the corrugation, you can use the studs.
Curling can not be done to pregnant women, allergies, nursing mothers, sick or using any drugs after henna and basma staining.
Of great importance is a reagent that will suit your hair. Pick up the bobbin. For long hair, bobbins will be longer, for short ones - less.
The simplest waving, at home - horizontal, it is easier to wind it yourself.
Hair styling after perm
Hair with "chemistry" also need to be laid. When styling the hair after a perm, gently comb the moist curls, and then twist the individual curls on your finger, and dry as naturally as possible.
Trips to the sea are also associated with stress for the hair. Sun, sand and sea water are good for the body, but not for hair.
In no case can not do the perm at the hairdresser, whose qualifications are in doubt. At best, after such a “chemistry”, the hair will turn into small tight curls. At worst, they will be burned out.
Rarely, but still there are hairs that are initially inherently difficult to curl. The work can be done super quality, but the curl on such hair will not work or will last very long. Anyway, it is recommended to curl 2-3 trial strands, using a different composition for each of them. This is done in order to choose the most suitable composition for the hair for “chemistry”.
There are a number of restrictions on the conduct of chemical wave. For example, "chemistry" is not recommended for women who regularly visit the pool. The water in the pool is chlorinated, it dries hair. It is dangerous to do a chemical perm and expose them to additional drying.
Tools and tools for perming hair
To perform a perm will require:
- curlers for twisting the strands and giving the curl a certain shape and size,
- plastic cap for protection from exposure to chemicals
- one more tool for perming hair - applicator for the distribution of the drug,
- towel for drying and wiping hair, bandage to protect the skin at the border of the beginning of hair growth,
- a harness to protect the face from exposure to chemicals
- hairpins for securing the hair, divided into sections, a comb with frequent teeth and a comb with a “tail” for combing hair and dividing them into sections, a massage brush for combing hair, paper napkins to protect the ends of the hair from damage,
- spray fixator for final fixation of hair, protective gloves or cream to protect the hands of the hairdresser from exposure to chemicals, insulating cap to ensure a high temperature during acid perm,
- plastic bowls for preparations that must be sufficiently stable so as not to fall during operation,
- a necessary tool for perm - shampoo for washing hair, a balm for renewing the structure of the hair, a preparation for perming.
How to make a perm of dyed hair
Before you do a perm of colored hair, you need to determine the type of dye and assess the condition of the hair. Depending on these parameters, you need to choose the technology of curling, the composition of the drug or decide to abandon the curl. In particular, a perm should be postponed if the hair is dyed with metal salts or treated with a color regenerator. Curling can not be done until these substances disappear from the hair.
Before you properly make a chemical perm of hair, you need to test for rupture of hair in a dry form and look at their reaction when wetted with their selected preparation.
According to the technology of chemical perm, this procedure and staining can not be carried out simultaneously. It is best to curl your hair first, wait at least a week and then dye it.
How to make a perm at home
For many, “chemistry” is associated with small, tight curls, completely spoiled by harmful composition, and therefore tough, like a sponge. This perm was done in Soviet times, and since they were in the distant past, stereotypes associated with the procedure also need to be disposed of.
Modern styling makes it possible to get a variety of effects: from African curls and vertical curls to large curls, natural waves.
At the same time, it does harm a head of hair, but significantly less than the drugs that our grandmothers used to make “chemistry”.
The essence of the procedure - the creation of curly strands. In cross-section, straight hair is a circle, and curly hair is an oval. To change the structure of the hair shafts, resistant chemicals are used.
Note, Perform a high-quality perm in the home is not easy, especially for owners of long curls. It is necessary to wind the hair correctly on the curlers, treat with the preparation and fixative, and after a certain time quickly remove the rollers. It is important not to overdo the composition on the head, then the harm from it will not be too strong.
Perm is ...
The procedure of perm involves the creation of curls for a long time from straight hair. Especially it is shown to owners of rare or too greasy hair, which in its direct form simply does not look. Curls - large or small - give the impression of volume, give the hairstyle elegance or, conversely, fervor - it all depends on the hairdresser's plan and on the wishes of the client. But what disappears completely is the despondency and inexpressiveness of sagging strands.
There are types of perms that allow you to maintain a luxuriant hairstyle, whether it is the usual "Caret", "Cesson" or "Pixie." This method received the popular name “light chemistry”, which is understandable to any client and hairdresser. After each wash, hair was not collected into small curls, it was enough to put it once a week, and the stylish haircut would stay on its own. The usual perm made curls curly or transformed long straight hair into naughty "springs". This method of spiral wrap strands was called "American Chemistry". There is also an option - "vertical chemistry".
But besides the options for fixing the curls, hairdressers are classified by type of active ingredient. To make a perm at home for the first time, it is worth choosing the most gentle method.
Types of procedures
According to the current composition, there are types of curling:
- amino acid,
Acid perm often called six months, because it is exactly six months that the curls received with its help are kept. The active ingredient of the composition is glyceryl monothioglycolate. With this method, hair scales are not disclosed, as the composition is absorbed by osmosis in the hair shaft. The procedure involves thermal exposure with the help of the dryer, so at home it is difficult. Hair dryer to achieve uniform heating of all the curls is difficult. Hair does not get thicker from the procedure, but the effect lasts long enough. It is undesirable to apply this method to brittle and excessively dry hair. With sensitive skin of the scalp it is impossible to apply the composition at the roots of the hair. You can make curly hair except on the ends of long or long hair.
Alkaline Curling fluffs every hair, affecting the scales. They open up, so the hair looks thicker, which is a plus for owners of liquid hair. Those who do not have the acid perm, can use the alkaline method. This procedure is not suitable for those who have hard or heavy hair. Curling is held for three months, but to make it easier at home, as it does not require heating the hair. There is a risk of tarnishing hair due to the disclosure of scales.
Amino Acid Curling - a relatively new way in which complex protein complexes are used that have a persistent but gentle effect. This type is suitable for short hair, as it does not cause astrakhan effect. Hard hair is poorly amenable to this method.Long and heavy hair can only become slightly more luxuriant, but persistent curls will not work on them. But the hair gets extra nutrition, and their appearance improves.
Neutral Perm consider the most harmless. It is well suited for previously dyed or weakened by past chemical or temperature effects of hair. The composition is selected with the calculation of the restoration of damaged areas and pH equalization along the entire length of the hair.
Also hairdressers can be offered:
- silk protein wave,
- carving ("light chemistry"),
These methods are benign and are varieties of either amino acid or neutral curling.
Tools and facilities
To do the perm at home, you need tools:
- capacity for breeding composition
- sponge for applying it on hair
- bobbins or hair curlers
- clamps ("ducks", "crabs", etc.),
- plait to protect the face and hairline from chemical composition,
- protective gloves for hands
- cap (only for acid types of compositions).
Chemical perming agents:
- the main components of the selected composition,
- retainer (if provided by technology),
- hair balsam
The peculiarity and differences of different procedures
In addition to the differences in the technology of chemical waving, you can identify the difference in the price category of the procedure, which is often determined not only by the high cost of the formulations used, but also by the complexity of the procedure. For example, to make African-style curls is easy, but you have to spend a lot of time twisting the strands into small bobbins. Particularly perceptible are these time costs for long hair, which have to either be divided into very small curls, or choose a “vertical” curl, which in itself costs more. It requires special bobbins with spiral slots.
Biowave may consist of a larger number of stages due to the use of protective compounds. This can not affect the cost. However, sometimes it is better to pay more than to remain unsatisfied with the condition of the hair and the result of the curl.
If you want to do a perm at home, you need to consider the danger of burning or spoiling the hair. Sometimes the simplest technology hides the use of an aggressive composition, so you should not be bought at the ease of the process. Often, a longer process turns out to be the least harmful, so it is better to initially examine the stages, how the “chemistry” is done at home, and only then proceed to real actions.
If you have any doubts about the body's response to the drug, you need to check the components on small areas of skin and hair. Hairdressers try drugs on the elbow of the client, you can do the same at home.
If you want to get confidence that your hair will not be spoiled in the cabin, then you are advised to read the reviews of your friends and acquaintances about this institution and its employee in particular. If there is a master there, before making the client a perm, tests for allergic reactions and visually assesses the condition of the hair, then you can trust this professional. If the hairdresser is focused on the result, then if the client has contraindications to the chemical perm, he will advise to first prepare the hair, treat it, recommend certain procedures or perform it. When in the salon the main thing is considered to be extremely quick profit, the stylist will close his eyes to minor flaws in the client's head of hair and can do “chemistry” without prior testing and assessing the condition of the hair. And this may already be dangerous to burn hair. Moreover, in such salons can impose an expensive perm service, even if you only apply for good styling for one evening.
How to prepare the hair for a perm
If your hair is healthy, you can do it with a chemical dressing at any time, unless it excludes menstruation, lactation and pregnancy. The main thing that you do not use at least a day conditioner to moisturize the hair, as it will not allow the perm preparations to properly affect the hair.
When things are not so rosy with the hair, they need to be prepared for a long time. We'll have to use firming shampoos, make masks for the scalp, trim split ends. This may take several weeks, but during this time you will be able to understand whether you should resort to a chemical perm at all, because when the condition of the hair improves, they may look stronger and thicker, it means that they will look good and live.
Also, before you make a chemical dressing, it is often necessary to perform a haircut. It is done in this case, almost "blindly", because when the curls become curly, their length will significantly decrease. Therefore, the haircut should be entrusted to the same hairdresser, who will make you a perm, because only he will be able to estimate initially how the hair length will change after the procedure. The master will also be able to choose the correct diameter of the bobbins for different zones of the head, depending on the length of the hair.
Also, long-term training is required for those who wear a short haircut "under the boy." If this is a specific "hedgehog", then you have to wait until the hair grows to such an extent that they can be screwed on bobbins.
How to make a pot at home
If you undertake to do "chemistry" at home, then you need to choose the right technology and determine what size of curls you need. For example, for short hair it will not be possible to curl in large curls, and if you want to achieve pomp, it is better to choose a radical method in which only the initial part of the hair near the bulb is processed, the ends remain straight.
Perm hair "Large curls"
It will be possible to get large curls if you use large diameter curlers. By large diameter is meant a size that is much larger than the standard bobbin used in hairdressing salons. Depending on the length of hair curlers fit from 1 to 10 cm in diameter. For short hair, you need to choose smaller curlers, for long ones it is permissible to use different ones. With a diameter closer to 10 cm, large waves will be obtained, not curls. After selecting the curlers you can begin the process of curling.
1)Start - testing the sensitivity of the skin and hair. If the abnormal reaction of the skin is obvious, then with the hair is not so simple. It is ideal to try the composition on the trimmed strand of hair, if you cut your hair right before you make the “chemistry”. If not, then it is best to choose a thin strand on the back of your head and try the effect of the drug on it. A bad sign is when hair has become gray like ash after three minutes, or it has become brittle and has low tensile strength. This means that the composition is not suitable either in composition or in concentration. In the second case, you need to carry out another test: dilute the composition to a lower saturation and process another place on the selected strand. If everything is fine with her, then you can do the perm.
2)Hair preparation. Next you need to wash your hair without massaging the skin. Then wind the hair on the curler, dividing the hair into zones: parietal (crown and crown), occipital, temporal (lateral). If you want to protect the ends of the composition, they need to wrap the paper and only then wind the hair on the curlers.
3)Protective measures. Hairline need to grease with petroleum jelly or fat cream. Next, lay on it a tourniquet, securing the curlers on the forehead. On the shoulders to throw a waterproof cape. If there is a flagellum for the neck with a velcro fastener, this is ideal. Wear gloves when handling hands.
4)Direct application. The composition is poured or divorced in one of the selected containers. Apply with a sponge or special applicator. You need to work quickly, but without splashing. Begin treatment should be from the neck to the forehead, then walk on the sides. If it is an acid perm, then you need a warming cap that replaces the sushiuar at home. In other cases, you can use a shower cap. Then wait at least 15 minutes.
5)Check the elasticity of the curls. To do this, one curler spins up in each zone and the curls are examined. If the curl spontaneously spins under the weight of the hair, you need to hold the solution, but do not exceed the time specified in the instructions. It is the maximum.
6)Fixer. The fixing solution must be prepared in another container. Better yet, use two identical bowls in which the fixer is divided in half. Hair, without removing the curlers, washed from the main solution. From the first bowl we take the lock and distribute evenly over all the curls. We wait about 10 minutes, remove the hair curlers and fix the head with fixative from the second bowl. We hold it for about 5 minutes and wash off.
In some cases, a balm is applied to the perm preparation, which should be used at the final stage before drying. It is better to dry hair without using a hair dryer or a sushiuar - outdoors in a warm room.
Perm for short hair
Even on short hair, you can do a perm at home, but it should be borne in mind that hair, becoming curled, significantly loses its length. Choose for a short head of hair worth small bobbins, otherwise you get not curls, and "hedgehog." Of course, if you want to make just such a hairstyle, “under Billy Idol”, you can use very large curlers, but if you want curls, choose hair curlers with a diameter of less than a centimeter.
The second danger is that you can get "astrakhan effect." It will be similar to the wool of a poodle or a newborn lamb. Such a hairstyle looks especially strange when “astrakhan fur” covers not the whole head, but some areas, on the other there are curls. To avoid this effect, it is better to either wait for the hair to grow back, or to do “chemistry” at the tips, without touching the areas at the roots. Naturally, such a hair even after curling will require styling, but curved tips will always soften the hairline line. In addition, with a sparing option, you can make a new perm, not waiting for six months. On the roots, it does not affect, and the tips, if they lose their appearance, you can always carefully cut it.
As for the technology of performing chemical perm at home for short hair, it differs from “large curls”, only the size of the curlers. Often it takes less time.
Cold hair curling means “Lokon” - recommendations for use
If you purchased the “Curl” product for chemical perm, you cannot do anything with it alone at home if you do not purchase an additional fixing solution. It is best to pick it up from the same factory as Lokon itself. Then you can vouch for a good result of the procedure, thanks to the excellent compatibility of the means, even if it is done at home. It is even better to find the third component - balm - of the same manufacturer. When all three components for perm are collected, you need to stock up on tools. It must be remembered that the means of "Lock" is able to quickly oxidize.
It does not allow to do two things:
1) Use metal objects: bowls, bobbins, hairbrushes, clips and everything else that may come into contact with the solution,
2) Leave the product in prolonged contact with air.
And if everything is clear with the dishes and accessories, you need to select them with wooden, plastic, ceramic, etc.d., here's how to minimize contact with air, you need to understand more. The vial should be kept tightly closed. After applying the product to the hair, they should be immediately closed with a shower cap or a cap made of an airtight material - polyethylene, polypropylene, etc.
Another feature of the drug "Lokon": it should be applied to dry hair.
Wet hair curling - execution technology
But "wet chemistry" can be done just for wet hair. Actually the name “wet” this type of perm was received not because of this, but because the hair is so shiny, as if it had not completely dried out after washing. Owners of wavy hair noticed that it was in such an underdressed state that the hair acquired an excellent appearance, shining beautifully and flowing with elastic curls. But it is worth drying your hair like curls drawn out and your hair grow dull. Hairdressers figured out how to “hold up” the hair in such a state for a long time - up to six months.
You can do a wet curl at home:
- wash your hair twice with soap for hair degreasing,
- slightly dry strands
- perform skin and hair testing,
- all hair is divided into equal squares,
- each square is wound on a small bobbin,
- hairline is smeared with a protective cream, a tourniquet is put on your head,
- after putting on gloves and pelerines you can start applying the composition for wet curling,
- wear a heat cap on the head and keep the hair in it for the allotted time (it is written in the instructions for each preparation for “wet chemistry”),
- do not remove the bobbin, wash your hair,
- apply a fixative composition for 10 minutes,
- remove the curlers and wait 5 minutes
- wash your hair with shampoo and rinse with a weak solution of vinegar.
Easy curling hair at home without curling and curlers
Surprisingly, even a perm will turn out to be done at home, if you do not have curlers or bobbins, but only the necessary preparations. At home, you can even use the old rag, of course, clean. It can be pre-cut into strips and twist hair on each of them, tying the ends so that the curl does not fall apart. After that, you need to process the hairline, make a tourniquet from another rag or an old T-shirt and start treating the hair with makeup.
Also at home, you can use the rim (hoop) for hair, which can be obtained by cutting off the bottom of the old T-shirt. It should be wrapped around the head twice, wound strands of hair on it and proceed to the curl. It will have a very interesting effect.
If you do not want to do a perm, and you have enough effect for a week, then just after washing your head, wind it up on textile devices - rags or hoops of over-dried hair. In this form, you can go to bed, and in the morning you get a voluminous hairstyle with curls.
Care and restoration after chemistry on the head
It is not enough just to do a perm at home, you still need to provide good care for the hair disturbed by a complex procedure. Suitable styling after the "chemistry" will continue exactly until the first washing of the hair. Next, you need to re-do the styling so that the recalcitrant curls take on a beautiful appearance.
After a perm, hair needs special care, which can be provided at home. This use of moisturizing and nourishing shampoos and balms, the use of folk remedies. Castor or burdock, almond or peach oil is not in every home, but there is always edible vegetable oil. They can also be used for masks at home. Both olive and sunflower oil are suitable.
A good option is to make a mask for the hair of black bread. Crumb to chop into a glass, pour boiling water and allow to cool to a temperature just above room temperature. This infusion rinse hair well after washing.Hair, weakened by a perm, will gain new strength, but will continue to be curly and fluffy.
A set of tools needed to create curls at home
- 70-80 wooden or plastic bobbins and elastic bands, for tacking,
- glass or plastic dishes (2 pcs.)
- plastic comb (metal impossible),
- foam rubber, for wetting,
- towel or rag that will wrap your head,
- rubber gloves,
- specialized paper.
First you need to prepare a workplace.
The whole procedure will take about two hours.
We chose the sticks, depending on what curls you want to get, approximately from 5 to 15 mm in size (the smaller the curl, the longer it lasts).
If you have weak hair, then you can not wash them for about three days.
We prepare the composition before application and apply it evenly, distributing all over the head.
Before curling curls, we also process the bobbin.
If you want to make chemistry, more sparing and not long-term, it is better to choose a neutral composition or amino acid. In other cases, choose acid and alkaline.
Safety when working with a solution
Care must be taken:
- keep skin and eyes safe
- do not hold the open vial with the solution for a long time outdoors (close the lid tightly),
- wear gloves
- do not use metal objects (combs),
- be sure to ventilate the room.
How to wind strands on bobbins?
- We start to wind up with the frontal - parietal zone. Separately separate the occipital and temporal zones. The width of the strand is equal to the width of the bobbin, the depth of the strand is equal to the depth of the bobbin.
- Separate the first strand, sprinkle it and wind it up. Hair pulling goes perpendicular to the head. So that the tips of the hair do not twist, we put a piece of paper on them and begin to twirl the curl from the tip of the curlers inside, evenly pulling.
- We fix with rubber along the head. Thus, we wind first the frontal - parietal, then the occipital, and last of all the temporal part.
- Apply a chemical agent on the wound curls and put on a cap or bag. Keep the product as much as indicated on the package.
- Then wash off with warm water we put fixing solution and again wash off, spin up.
- Dry in a natural way so as not to harm the hair even more.
Sort videos by topic:
Preparation before perm
There may be some difficulties with chemical perm at home, because everything must be done independently, but if you study the details, everything will turn out perfect.
First, it is very important to examine your hair and scalp. Curling can not be done if there is a tendency to the manifestation of an allergic reaction, during the course of treatment with hormonal drugs, as well as during the exacerbation of infectious diseases.
From the procedure should be kept pregnant women. It is not recommended to carry out the chemical dressing procedure during the hair loss or if they are colored with natural dyes. In this case, they are already quite traumatized, and this process can harm them completely.
It is advisable first to make sure that neither the skin nor the hair will have an allergic reaction. It is necessary to apply a means for curling on strand. It should remain strong, not to tear, lightening for a tone or two is allowed.
To check the skin reaction, apply a mixture with a cotton swab on a small area for 10 minutes, then rinse with water using hydrogen peroxide. It is forbidden to perm, if the skin is damaged and scratched. Chemicals will definitely irritate the skin and make wound healing long and painful.
Apply a cream or a cloth bandage to the skin along the edge of the hair, cover the shoulders with an old towel, and protect your hands with gloves. It is important to prepare in advance all the necessary tools:
- bobbins or plastic curlers of different sizes,
- elastic bands to fix the strands,
- combs (not metal),
- foam sponge
- polyethylene cap,
- cups or mixing bowls
- a pair of hands for extra help (a friend will help make everything faster and neater).
In addition, you need to purchase a chemical for this procedure, fixer, which are sold in finished form. To rinse hair, you need to prepare in advance a bite or a weak solution of citric acid, shampoo and nourishing balm.
How to cope with the perm at home
In supermarkets you can purchase a ready-made set in advance with instructions on how to make a perm. It should be studied in detail, pay special attention to the specified time of treatment with hair means.
Further, the head and hair should be washed with shampoo, they should be clean. Fat will not allow chemicals to fully manifest their strength and thereby create additional interference.
To make hair smooth, you need to treat their conditioner with a rich protein composition.
After that, petroleum jelly or cream smears the ears and skin that may come in contact with the hair or be affected during the application of the chemical.
Further, the hair should be divided into several parts, wound strands on bobbins or hair curlers. Do not use metal combs or hair curlers: metal can react with chemicals and cause harm to humans. There are several rules to follow:
- when winding move from top to bottom,
- comb each strand evenly
- Avoid twisting and knocking your hair,
- Straight or cylindrical bobbins will make the curls more natural and beautiful.
The next step is winding and lubricating with a curling agent. Short hair is smeared with chemical before winding up. For owners of shoulder-length hair, you first need to lubricate the tips, then, by winding the hair on the curlers, apply the bulk of the product. First of all, the long strands are easily lubricated with a chemical substance, then after the wrap they continue on the bobbins.
Particular attention should be paid to the ends: it is important to firmly fix them, so that after drying they lie beautifully and not stick in different directions. It is necessary to act quickly, after the end of the process it is necessary to put on the head a warming cap that will help speed up the procedure. It is necessary to control the time, since the degree of curliness depends on how long the hair lasted with the tool.
After 20 minutes, you can already start checking. If you get the desired result, the hair is washed with water for several minutes without removing the bobbin. Next, you need to dry the hair on bobbins with a towel, apply a fixative or neutralizer with a sponge.
It is necessary to tinker a little with the chemical perm at home, because if there is no ready neutralizer, then it should be mixed independently: 1 g of citric acid or 1 tablespoon of vinegar per 0.5 l of water. The neutralizer will stop the process of reforming proteins, fix the result.
Hair should be wetted with a towel very carefully, not twisting and not knocking them down. You can additionally apply drugs that promote the intensive restoration of damaged hair structure. It is best if the hair will dry naturally, but you can also use a diffuser. Curls get the same in any case.
Possible problems and difficulties
Perm at home can be done well, if you do not make some mistakes.
Irritation and itching of the skin indicate the application of too much of a chemical perm. Exceeding the specified amount of time may contribute to brittle hair. You can not very much cheat on curlers, as strands are very weak and can easily break.
Weak and inexpressive curls are the result of an insufficient amount of a chemical agent, a low concentration of the substance, or a weak twisting of the strands. If the curlers were very large, the effect can be quite weak.
Due to the fact that metal objects were used and the hair was not washed, the color would be a shade or two lighter. The reason for this can be a very concentrated fixative or neutralizer.
If you give a little time to your hair, guaranteed a wonderful perm hair at home. It is important to carefully study the technology of the procedure, to prepare all the tools and equipment, and you get an excellent result and a stylish haircut.
Suitable for long hair. Usually in this case are used bobbins, spiral rollers. Twisting occurs from the roots to the tips. A variation is a perm, in which the strand is first twisted into a braid, and then wound on a bobbin,
Ideal for owners of four and medium-length hair, cut in a cascade. Gives extra volume, and curls look natural,
Combined method - vertical and horizontal methods are combined here.
You also need to keep in mind these features:
- You can curl only the tips or root zone. The first method is good for girls with a triangular face, short haircuts. Laying at the roots is performed to correct the regrown curls or create volume.
- Get natural waves on medium and long strands allows perm on a pigtail. With this type of chemical. curling the hair to the middle braid in braids, and the tips twist on bobbins.
- Curls of different sizes - the result of using the “train” method, in which several bobbins are twisted onto one strand.
- Curling flute is optimal not for the whole head of hair, but for individual parts of the hair.
You can perm by two methods:
- First apply the composition, and then wind the curlers.
- First fix curls, and then process them with the drug.
For home use, the second option is preferable, because if you do not have time to quickly twist the already processed curls, you are at great risk for their health.
Before you decide on a home procedure, think carefully. Its advantage is obvious - lower cost in comparison with salon services. But a lot of cons. What only cost errors that can be made when performing a perm:
- Scalp irritation. If you apply too much of the drug, it can drain, causing an undesirable reaction.
- Receiving after curling weak, inexpressive curls. There are several reasons:
- low concentration of composition
- the drug is expired
- curls curled too tight,
- hair is divided into too thick strands, the ends are not soaked,
- too little compound applied,
- wrong diameter of hair curlers.
- Hair fragility occurs when:
- the composition is held for a very long time
- a drug of too strong concentration was used,
- bad fixation
- strands curled very tight.
- The hair has changed color. Typically, this effect occurs with any chemical hair curling, because the neutralizer brightens the strands by 1-1.5 tons. But if the contrast is stark, perhaps such mistakes are made:
- curls are poorly washed before neutralization,
- a fixer was used with a concentration exceeding 3%, the wrong holding time was chosen,
- used metal products, which entered into a chemical reaction with the composition.
Attention! It is impossible that during the perm the room was cold and empty in the stomach. Low blood pressure can also negatively affect the result.
The choice of composition
A drug that twists straight hair into cute curls, you need to choose very carefully, taking into account the type of hair. You can not focus on this issue only on the advice of girlfriends and the cost of trains.The wrong tool can quickly destroy the hair shafts, because each of them in its own way softens the hair structure from the inside. Choosing the right drug will provide half the success.
There are such types of compositions:
- Acidic. Relatively gently affect the curls, create a soft wave that is close to natural. But the effect lasts for 3-4 months, and such funds cannot be applied on obedient, thin strands. The compositions are optimal for curling stiff, thick, heavy and newly painted hair.
- Alkaline. This type of permanent aggressively affects the curls, reveals hair scales, making hair porous. After that, they are easy to shape. In order not to get a washcloth instead of elastic curls, you need to correctly calculate the percentage of chemical active substance. Alkali is suitable for soft, normal and fat-prone strands, but is not recommended for thick and heavy ones.
- Neutral. Have a careful effect on the hair. Thanks to allantoin make curls live, natural, shiny. Such compositions are suitable for any hair, including weakened. The effect of curling is noticeable for 2-6 months, which is due to the individual characteristics of the hair.
Attention! There are other types of long-term styling: amino acid, silk, Japanese. But this is not “chemistry”, but a more gentle biowave with nutrients in the composition.
To make it easier for buyers to figure out which composition to choose, manufacturers of cosmetic products often put specific marks on packages, intending a chemical preparation to owners:
- or colored hair.
In addition to the composition to create curls, you need a latch that will extend the “life” of the curls. It can be concentrated, then you will see the label "1 + 1". This means that the liquid must be diluted with water. The proportion is 1: 1. The absence of a mark indicates that the fixative is not concentrated and is fully ready for use.
Preparations for fixing the results of home chemical perms are usually produced in two consistencies:
- foamy - before use, the agent is well foamed and treated curls,
- not foamy - they are applied to each curl from the bottle tip.
You can make a latch yourself, based on hydrogen peroxide or hydroperit tablets. But it is better to buy a finished product, where the proportions of all components are guaranteed to be met. The main recommendation when choosing - the tool should be from the same line as the chemical composition.
The “easy chemistry” options include carving, the effect of which lasts for 1-2 months. The procedure is recommended for soft hair of medium length.
Most often for chem. Curls are used plastic (plastic) products. They are lightweight, convenient to mount, do not absorb the solution. One of the popular options is the bobbins that create elastic vertical curls. Flexible boomerangs (papillots), which form soft curls, are also suitable for the procedure.
The larger the diameter of the curlers, the larger the curls. Conical products form beautiful styling: curls come out bulky at the roots and smaller ones at the tips.
Council A convenient addition to the classic forms of curlers - needles or plates for curling. They slip under the gum, fixing the twisted curl. This avoids wrinkles.
For lovers of original solutions, manufacturers produce such unusual models of curlers:
- studs or U-shaped - for stylish “broken” curls. They look like a wand bent in half, the ends of which are slightly twisted outwards. Strands are wound on them "figure eight"
- Olivia gaerden - to give the hair extra volume, the formation of natural curls. These curlers are attached without clips, like a designer, so the curls are obtained without creases,
- wide coils with clamps-pins. Suitable for girls with hair of any length,
- retro wave curler - look like wavy plates. Such curlers are used in tandem with bobbins.
Depending on the length, thickness of the hair and the desired effect on one perm, an average of 50 to 80 curlers are required.
Applicator or foam sponge
Used for the application and distribution of chemical composition and fixing preparation on the hair.
It will help to consolidate the result of perm. Apply to the curlers after the curl grabs. Optimally, if purchased together with the chemical composition.
The basis of the procedure, the quality of which depends on the future result. For home use, you can purchase a composition from Londawave, Estel, WELLA, another cosmetic company. The main thing that he fit the type of hair structure.
It will be necessary for washing the head before the "chemistry". Some manufacturers offer special shampoos recommended for use before the procedure.
Such means not only purify hair from impurities, but also soften them, making them more pliable, and also restore the structure of hair rods. They are usually expensive, so if the budget is limited, you can take regular shampoo.
Two bowls for preparations
In one of them you need to put the chemical composition, in the other - fixative (if you need to beat the foam). It is optimal if the dishes are made of glass, plastic or porcelain. The volume of each bowl is about 200 milliliters.
Insulated cap or cap
It is put on a head after all hair is twisted on hair curlers and moistened with structure. Creates a thermal effect. Most often used for acid perm. An alternative could be a terry towel.
They will help to prevent the ingress of chemicals on the delicate skin of the hands. They are required, even if the test for sensitivity and allergic reactions was excellent. Gloves can be polyethylene or rubber.
Protects hair ends from damage. Facilitates the process of curling. Instead of professional paperwork, ordinary parchment paper will suit for baking.
Massage brush can comb the hair before curling. In the process you will need another tool: comb with a tail. With its help, it is convenient to divide hair into zones, grab thin strands.
In the process of work, it is convenient for them to hold individual strands prepared for winding. Can additionally fix large curlers, if not included with the products.
Attention! The only limitation for tools is that they should not be metal. This applies to curlers, hairbrushes, hairpins and dishes. Metal will reduce the quality of curling.
Prevents the composition of the eyes. Most often on sale you can find cotton bundles. Also suitable for these purposes are rolled up a towel or a piece of cotton cloth, which is wrapped in cotton.
It is important that the device reliably absorbs the draining liquid from the hair. On the back of the neck, a bundle is tied up in a knot, fixed in front, catching the crab on the curlers located on the back of the head.
Protects the scalp from chem. the composition of the hairline. Superimposed on the skin before the tourniquet.
Absorb excess moisture after shampooing.
You may also find a nursing hair balm, table vinegar (for rinsing), a thick cream or petroleum jelly, a peignoir (a waterproof cloth cover to protect clothes), a special neck cup to drain liquid residues, a timer and a measuring cup.
The composition for waving - the rating of the best cosmetics for hair in 2015
We do not save on the composition, we save hair
To choose the right concentration of the reagent and not burn the curls, you need to know the type of your hair:
- For thin, damaged and dry strands - choose the most neutral in alkaline medium reagents, preferably marked "bio".
- For hard and thick straight strands Acid chemistry will be suitable to guarantee the firmness and elasticity of the curl.
- With sensitive scalp and thin hair alkaline chemistry can be made, but, unfortunately, it is not as durable as acidic, a maximum of three months.
- Allantoin-based Neutral Chemistry can be used for all types of strands.
It should be elastic and tight curl
Important. On bleached curls or when highlighting with bleaching more than 30 percent, this type of chemistry cannot be done.
- Composition based on amino acids it is completely harmless and even restores damaged strands, but on thick long hair it is almost imperceptible. Such compositions create a great basal volume.
- Biochemistry lasts an average of three months. Reagents of such khimki hair do not contain ammonia, peroxide and thioglycol, therefore they are absolutely safe for the strands.
- Tools for perm in the home of a new generation (for example, Japanese perm) are developed on the basis of lipid-protein complexes and have a healing effect, therefore they are ideal for thin and damaged strands.
- If we are doing chemistry for the first time, then it is better to make carving. This is the easiest form of the permanent, which will add volume and pomp to curls without harm to the hair.
Chemistry of the new generation, requires special care shampoos and rinses
Council Save on the drug is not worth it, "Lock" - is the distant past. Before you make a chemical curl at home, choose a good tool, now there is a large selection of high-quality cosmetics for hair, the price of which is quite affordable.
Fortitude 20 weeks.
- Perform F - normal and thick hair. Do not apply on thin and damaged.
- Perform N - normal and melirovanny,
- Perform G - for painted and tinted,
- Perform G + H2O - clarified or discolored,
- Perform St - for painted.
Wella Professional Curl It.
Keeps from one and a half to three months.
Important. The table shows the drugs that received the best user ratings, but this does not mean that you can not create elastic curls with the help of perm kits from lesser-known brands.
Technique wrap "hairpin"
What you need for a perm at home, except for a set of reagents:
- curlers (plastic) or wooden bobbins with rubber bands,
- plastic studs and clips to form a flat curl or crease,
- plastic comb with sharp sparse teeth
- peignoir, hat and gloves,
- mixing glassware and two foam sponges,
- towels, tow of cotton.
Council The curl slope depends on the diameter of the curlers; the larger the diameter, the larger, but softer the curl. Concave bobbins give strands curved at the tips.
The sequence of the perm
In the photo - the division of strands into zones
Wash hair with silicone-free shampoo, squeeze over the growth of strands and dry with a cotton towel.
- pre-process strands to align the structure. For normal and colored strands, it is good to apply CUREX THERAPY (spray to align the structure) - 450 rubles, and for painted and damaged Schwarzkopf
Spray-Care, Before Chemical Curling (390 rubles). Apply from root to tip, comb through the entire length to evenly distribute,
- slightly dry hair dryer
- Further we proceed to winding up on hair curlers according to the chosen technique
- we apply a product for a wavestarting from the bottom up
- we put on the warming hat and keep as much time as required instruction
The method of application depends on the structure of the strands.
Council Curling hair at home requires caution. If you use this tool for the first time, then you can shorten the time a bit so as not to burn your hair for about five minutes.
- spin one bobbin and check what a curl turned out,
- wash off the mixture without removing the curlers, under running warm water, at least five minutes to thoroughly wash the composition,
- swab lock, depending on the desired result for five to ten minutes,
- spin the curler and put the retainer again for five minutes
- Rinse the strands thoroughly with an acidic solution to neutralize the fixative. Suitable water, acidified with vinegar (1 tablespoon per liter),
- we put a mask "Restoration and care."
Important. Technique, at first glance, it seems quite simple, but there are many nuances that you need to know.
For long hair it is better to choose hair curlers of medium diameter.
Chemical perm at home requires certain skills and knowledge of the intricacies of the process:
- Be sure to test for susceptibility. Apply to the skin for 15 minutes and check for an allergic reaction.
- not to be left without hair, put a small order in the working composition for ten minutes. If after processing the curl is torn and strongly stretched, then chemistry is contraindicated to you,
- Before making a perm on the previously henna-colored strands at home, wash the henna with 70% alcohol (hold for 10 minutes under polyethylene) and apply a mask of linseed oil on the curls for half an hour. Wash off with shampoo for fat locks. Chemistry will not be taken on henna-colored hair,
- the curlers must be placed in a staggered order so that clearly pronounced partings are not visible,
- the direction of twisting should take into account the direction of growth, otherwise you can just break the hair at the root,
- the higher you move the strand when winding, at the base, the curls will be more magnificent,
- for long strands ideal - pigtails. We braid a tight pigtail or a plait and wind it on a bobbin,
- do not save the composition, the whole strand must be thoroughly moistened with the preparation, otherwise we will get unpleasant bald spots and creases,
- cold perm at home is aggressive, so the skin along the hairline should be smeared with a greasy cream.
Important. It is difficult to wind one strand beautifully, especially from the back, you need an assistant.
Be sure to test the working solution.
To make a successful perm from the first time is unlikely to succeed, so take the lightest formulations that are intended for carving and light chemistry. This installation can be easily adjusted.
Presented video in this article will introduce all the intricacies of the process. If you have any questions or comments on the article - ask them in the comments.
Options for how to perm hair
Depending on what group of dyes are used for dyeing hair, perm will have certain features. Options, how to do a perm hair depending on the dye - three.
1. If the hair is dyed with dyes of the 1st – 2nd groups, it is necessary to strictly follow the instructions for use of the selected drug during chemical perm. If dyeing or bleaching has been carried out repeatedly, perm can not be done at all. Dyed hair loses its elasticity, therefore it is necessary to twist it especially carefully on bobbins. The tension should not be too strong. In addition, the structure of dyed and blond hair is more porous compared to unpainted hair. Therefore, the impact on them of the drug for perm should be less. It is not recommended to use a heat cap or additional heat. In the process of curling it is necessary to do several control checks curls on different parts of the head.
2. If the hair is dyed with the 3rd group of dyes, then the chemical perm is carried out like on unpainted hair. In the process of curling the dye is washed out of the hair.
3. If the hair is dyed with dyes of the 4th group, then the option of perm does not differ from the usual one.However, it must be remembered that hair dyed with natural dyes, under the influence of chemical preparations, is likely to change shade, and the curl will not turn out as stable as on unpainted hair.
Description of preparations for chemical wave
The basis of the action of any drug for chemical perm is the same principle: under the influence of chemicals, the structure of the hair changes and it becomes easier to acquire a new shape.
Chemical perm preparations affect the keratin protein found in the hair and weaken the cystine bonds between the hair cells. As a result, the hairs are deformed. The sticks set the “softened” hair a new shape, which is fixed with the help of a clamp. It restores cystine ligaments between cells.
Almost all preparations for chemical perm are made on the basis of thioorganic compounds, which actually contribute to the change in the structure of the hair.
Take great care to sleep and you will notice a decrease in hair loss.
One of the most important characteristics of preparations for chemical perming is an indicator of the concentration of hydrogen ions pH. Depending on this indicator, the solution of the drug may be neutral, alkaline or acidic. Under the influence of an alkaline solution, the hair softens and swells. Acidic solution causes hardening of the hair. Alkaline preparations are suitable for perm of healthy hair of all types. They quickly penetrate the hair, and the perm persists for a long time.
Compared with alkaline hair curling agents, acid-balanced formulations have a lower pH. This drug is less harmful to the hair, but perming with it takes more time. Components of a neutral drug penetrate the hair more slowly than alkaline, the curls are not so elastic, and the curls come off faster. Such preparations should be used to curl hair that is colored, weakened or fragile by nature.
More often, manufacturers offer several types of preparations for a perm: for normal hair, for hard hair that is difficult to be chemically curled, for porous hair that has been exposed to oxidative agents, for blonded and bleached hair.
It should be noted that these species do not depend on the pH of the drug: it can be both alkaline and neutral or acid-balanced.
Preparations for biowave stand alone. This relatively new type of perm is very popular today. For biowave used special formulations of substances that are not as aggressive to the hair. Such compounds are usually based on cysteamine hydrochloride. There are 3 types of compositions available for biowave: for normal hair, for unruly hair that is difficult to curl, and for weakened, dyed or bleached hair.
To restore the destroyed cystine bonds, the hair is treated with a perm fixer. They stop the chemical reaction that takes place between the hair and the perm preparation, and also fix the curl shape.
The finished fixtures can be concentrated or non-concentrated.
When describing chemical perm preparations, a 1 + 1 mark is placed on the packaging of a concentrated fixer. Before use, such a preparation is diluted with water in a ratio of 1 to 1. If there is no “1 + 1” marking on the package, it means that the fixer is unconcentrated and can be used immediately.
The fixer can be made from hydrogen peroxide, water and shampoo. The ratio of ingredients should be such that the concentration of hydrogen peroxide in it does not exceed 3%.
Today, a variety of related products are used for perm.For example, before curling weakened and long hair, it is useful to use special means to accumulate moisture in the hair and to level its structure, which makes it easier to wrap the strands on bobbins and ensures a uniform curl.
After a perm, the hair is treated with various balms to neutralize residues of hydrogen peroxide, give elasticity to the curls and preserve their natural moisture.
Stages of how to perm
In order for a perm to turn out to be of high quality, it is necessary to perform a certain sequence of actions. Below is a step-by-step instruction on chemical perming in compliance with all stages of the process.
1. Before you do the perm, you need to perform a hair analysis. In order not to be mistaken with the choice of perm technology, it is necessary to analyze the structure of the hair. The assessment is carried out on the following parameters:
- strength. Thick hair is poorly amenable to perm, as the drug does not penetrate into such hair. Weak hair does not tolerate strong fixation perm,
- elasticity. This is the ability of hair to stretch and return to its original state. When winding on bobbins hair stretch. If they have a low elasticity, then after removal from the curler the hairs will not return to their original condition. Therefore, for such hair perm is harmful. It can deform the hair,
- structure, or hair type. It depends on what kind of shampoo will need to be used to wash the hair before the curling procedure. In addition, the structure of the hair affects the choice of hair curlers, method of winding and preparation for chemical perm. We remind you that hair is divided into three types: dry, normal and oily,
- density. This indicator affects the choice of curlers and method of perm. The density of the hair is divided into thin and thick. Manufacturers offer products designed specifically for bleached, dyed, thin or thick hair.
2. The next stage of perm - analysis of the surface of the head. Before you start a perm, you should carefully examine the scalp and hair to see if there are injuries or illnesses that are contraindications to the perm (for example, skin irritation, scratches, sores, cuts, etc.). Examining the hair, it is necessary to assess their condition. Bleached or dyed hair is checked for tearing. If dry hair is easily torn off, then curl them is not recommended.
3. Before performing a perm of hair, it is necessary to test the sensitivity of the skin. It is necessary to check how the skin reacts to the product for perm. To do this, moisten cotton wool in the preparation, apply the composition to the skin behind the ears and leave for 8-10 minutes. If during this time the skin does not appear redness or other signs of an allergic reaction, then this drug can be used. If the skin has a pronounced irritation, the chemical perm should be washed off with a weak 3% hydrogen peroxide solution, then rinse the skin with water. Chemical perm in this case can not be done.
4. Drapery. This procedure is carried out to protect the skin and clothing from getting particles of a chemical perm preparation on it. Drapery for perm has a number of features. It is necessary to remove earrings and other jewelry from the head, as well as glasses, tuck on a collar and wind a towel around the neck. It must be fixed so that water does not seep inside and does not fall on clothes.
It is necessary to prepare two towels in advance: one for drying hair, the other for impregnation with fixative.
Before starting the procedure, you must make sure that the drape is made correctly.
5. The next stage of the technology of performing chemical hair perm is to check the hair's reaction to the curling preparation. This procedure allows you to determine the optimal concentration of the drug for perm. In addition, it helps to identify those contraindications to the perm that were not seen during an external examination. Separate a small strand of hair, moisten it with makeup and leave for 1-2 minutes. After that, he checks the strand for a break. If the hair remains strong, they can curl. If they have lost their strength and began to resemble tow, the concentration of the solution is too strong.
6. The process of perming hair necessarily includes washing the head. Even if you washed your hair directly on the eve of going to the hairdresser, you should definitely wash your hair before a perm. In the process of washing the scaly layer of hair is loosened, thanks to which the chemical perm is obtained of high quality. Washed hair should be gently combed.
7. According to the instructions, perming hair provides mandatory haircut. Haircut can be performed both before curling and after. The shape of the haircut determines the shape of the hairstyle. If the haircut is carried out before curling, it must be such that even without a curl, the hair has a certain finished shape.
8. Twisting hair on bobbins and applying a solution for chemical perm. Hair is treated with a perm composition and wound on bobbins. When choosing a method of applying a preparation for a perm, several factors are taken into account: the structure of the hair, their length, condition, and the method of wrapping the bobbin.
Technique of perm: application of the drug
Technique perm perm includes two methods of applying the drug.
Straight. The hair is treated with a perm preparation before it is screwed onto the bobbin. After winding the hair is treated with the drug again.
Indirect. Wet hair is wound on bobbins, and then treated with a perm preparation. The composition for curling is applied in 3 stages. First, apply a bit of makeup to the hair to soften slightly. Then the hair is thoroughly moistened with an average amount of the composition. Finally, the remaining composition is evenly distributed throughout the hair. Indirect way more convenient and economical. But it is suitable only for hairs with a length of no more than 15–20 cm. The makeup simply does not have time to soak the longer hair over the entire length. This method is also unacceptable for hair whose quality is different at the roots and at the tips. The concentration of the composition, suitable for healthy roots, is detrimental to weak ends. If, however, reduce the concentration, the roots do not curl.
Mixed. This method is only suitable for hairs longer than 25 cm. Before winding on the bobbins, the lower part of the hair is treated with a chemical perm preparation, departing from their roots about 2/3 of the total length. It uses the composition of a weaker concentration, which does not damage the ends of the hair. The upper part of the hair remains dry. All the hair is wound round the bobbins, and then completely wetted with a chemical perming agent of a stronger concentration suitable for the roots.
When winding used special paper for perm. The ends of the strands are wrapped in pieces of paper, the hair is trapped in it, which facilitates the twisting of the strands on the bobbin.
First, on the bobbins wind the hair in the occipital zone. In the center of the nape, two vertical partitions are made at a distance of the length of one bobbin. The hair strands between the partings are divided by the horizontal partings. The thickness of one strand should be equal to the diameter of the bobbin. When winding the strand, it is necessary to pull it off perpendicular to the surface of the head. The hair of the occipital zone is twisted from top to bottom, from the crown to the edge line of hair growth on the neck. Then curl the hair of the parietal zone. Two vertical partings should be extended to the parietal zone. Koklushki wind from the top to the forehead.Strands must be perpendicular to the head.
Hair curling during chemical perm
Hair curling during chemical perm is performed in two ways.
1. To divide one of the temporal-lateral zones with a vertical part into two equal parts: the temporal and lateral. Separate strands by horizontal partitions and wind them from top to bottom, pulling them strictly perpendicular to the head.
2. Vertical partitions, laid on the back of the head and parietal zone, have an arched shape. This becomes noticeable if you look at them from the side. In the upper part of the arc, you must select the strand and screw it on the bobbin. Subsequent strands need to be wound in the order of the brickwork. This method allows you to take into account the anatomical features of the head, therefore, is considered the best. The hair is directed to the face, and parting the selected strands become invisible.
When all the hairs are wrapped on the bobbins, they are applied on the composition for a perm. It has a liquid consistency and can drain from the hair to the face, neck, clothes. Therefore, at the beginning of the perm process, you first need to fold the towel with a cord and tie it around the head under the bobbins, securing it with a knot on the forehead.
The final stages of perm
The final stages of perm are to check the curl readiness, hair washing on bobbins, fixative, bobbin removal and re-washing of hair.
When the solution is applied, the towel is removed and, if necessary, wear a warming cap. After that, you need to wait a certain time, which depends on the concentration of the composition and condition of the hair. All this time you have to sit in a warm room.
Check the degree of readiness of the curl. Even if the time required by the instructions has passed, the quality of curls should still be checked. Choose 2-3 strands in different zones and gently unwind them by 1-3 turns. After that, the diameter of the bobbin is compared with the diameter of the curl. If the technology of performing a chemical perm is properly observed, then the curl will be elastic, S-shaped or C-shaped. Then you can proceed to the next stage.
It is impossible to remove the trial strand from the bobbin completely: the true connections have not yet been restored, and the hair in a free state will immediately develop. Twisting the same strand back will not work: the coils will still lie differently, and the test curl will stand out against the background of other curls.
Rinsing hair on bobbins. Without removing the bobbins, the hair is rinsed under a strong stream of running water for 4-5 minutes. Long hair washed a little longer. This is necessary in order to clean the hair from the remnants of the product for perm.
Drying hair. To remove excess moisture from the hair, gently dry the head with a soft towel. If the hair is too wet, the fixer will dissolve and the perm will be unstable.
Neutralization, or fixative. This is a mandatory final stage of chemical perm. The fixer acts as a fixing agent. It restores cystine bonds in the hair, fixing their shape. To achieve the best result, you must strictly follow the instructions for fixer.
Removing bobbins. Koklushki need to be removed carefully, trying not to destroy the curls.
Rinsing the hair. Hair should be washed with warm water. Care should be taken. Straighten curls can only massage movements and only after 5 minutes of washing.
How to apply the composition?
- Apply a little of the composition before winding, and after winding thoroughly wetted.
- Do not forget to remove all the taming before that, so as not to have a chemical reaction.
If the hair is long:
- Apply the tool before twisting on each strand, otherwise the curls will be weak and will not last long.
- So that the solution does not flow over the face and neck, it is necessary to twist the rope from the towel and wrap it around the head.
- We expect in the heat, you can drink hot tea.
How to neutralize the composition?
- Take 1 - 2 tablespoons of 8% vinegar or 2 g of citric acid per liter of water.
- Rinse and dry the curls with the mixture.
- In conclusion, you can apply a remedy for recovery.
How to make large curls?
Large curls are best suited for long hair. They are wound on large curlers. If you hold the tool for a long time, you will get tight, strong curls, if you hold it for a long time, you get a light wave.
Watch the video on:
Common Mistakes to Avoid
- If you used a low concentration or slightly impregnated, the curls turn out sluggish,
- perhaps the drug has expired,
- sure to divide into smooth curls,
- do not exceed the exposure time
- Do not overtighten the gum at the root,
- Hold fixing agent for 5-7 minutes and rinse thoroughly.
- Be sure to ventilate the room and do not use metallic materials.
Now thanks to all sorts of additives softening components modern perm has a gentle effect on the scalp. This method allows you to achieve all sorts of success in obtaining curls, which you have always dreamed of, and eventually gain a new air image.