There are so many types of highlighting that every girl will probably choose the best option for herself. After all, you can experiment with shades, the way they are applied, the width of the strands, the area of coloring. In this variety of techniques a special place is occupied by rare, small and frequent highlighting. They create a unique effect on the hair, making them truly chic and well-groomed. As in other cases, the method of coloring has its own characteristics regarding the choice of color and its distribution among curls.
Which is better - frequent or rare
Any highlighting is considered a gentle way of changing the image, despite the fact that it requires lightening strands. Separate curls are subjected to coloring, sometimes - not even the entire length, which is much better for the health of the hair than a full color change.
The main tone of the hair remains the same, but successfully dyed locks set it off, making it more expressive. In this regard, it looks interesting small (it is frequent) highlighting, in which very thin curls are clarified. The hairstyle looks natural, beautifully shimmers in the light and becomes visually thicker.
The end result of this technology depends on several factors:
- original color of the hair,
- palette of selected shades. They must be in harmony with the natural tone of the hair,
- experience and skill of the hairdresser who performs the procedure. To do this staining at home is quite difficult.
Initially, the frequent highlighting was intended for blondes, but now it is already possible to dye dark curls in this way. There are several types of technology in which small strands are taken for dyeing:
- Californian - involves the use of several shades that smoothly merge into each other and create the effect of hair, brightened by the rays of the sun. More often practiced on blondes and fair-haired girls,
- Venetian - a version of the previous highlighting, but for dark strands,
- American - in this case, color accents are placed in some parts of the hair,
- ombra - due to staining of thin curls, smooth transitions and the illusion of burnt tips are obtained,
- brondirovanie - a combination of dark and light colors creates the effect of naturalness, naturalness,
- veiling - only the upper part of the hair is colored. Strands should be very thin, up to 3-4 millimeters, literally translucent on the palm.
There is no unequivocal answer to the question which technology is better - frequent or rare. Coloring small strands is more suitable for owners of thin, lifeless hair, devoid of volume. She visually makes her hair thicker, forcing her to play with new shades. Rare shading is an option for girls with thick, voluminous curls who want to make the color of their hair deeper and more expressive.
Attention! In total, with frequent, small highlights, about half of the head of hair (40 to 60% of hair) turn out to be colored. With rare - up to 40%. It is easy to guess that the second technology is more benign.
Pros and cons of highlighting
The main advantages of the procedure:
- looks natural and very beautiful. Rave reviews with eloquent photos before and after the procedure are a weighty argument in favor of highlighting with thin strands,
- hides gray hair,
- does not require frequent correction
- spoils hair less than full dyeing from root to tip,
- makes the hair more visually voluminous, revives her,
- suitable for girls with different hair color
- looks good both on long curls, and short cut, square.
But small highlights are not without flaws:
- characterized by the complexity of execution,
- requires a significant amount of time, up to several hours (depending on the length and density of the hair),
- is expensive compared to classic technology,
- does not suit girls who have dry, brittle, splitting hair,
- negative effect on the structure of the strands, especially if you need to paint more than half of all curls,
- with non-compliance technology does not look as impressive as it should.
If you have recently done a perm or dyeing (including henna, basma), set aside frequent highlighting for at least 1–1.5 monthsotherwise the result will not please you.
Price in the cabin and at home
The cost of the services provided by the beauty salon is influenced by several factors: the length and density of your hair, the qualifications of the master, the number of shades used, the chosen technology, the region where the barber shop is located. On average, the cost of highlighting is about 3-4 thousand rubles.
In a small provincial town you can meet 500–1500 rubles, and in a metropolitan institution 7–8 thousand rubles will not be the limit. therefore If you decide to entrust your hair to a stylist, discuss in advance how expensive his services will cost you.
Calculate the amount needed for fine highlighting at home, easier. How much paint you buy, and spend so much money. The average price of the bleaching composition is 100–200 rubles. Additional toning agent - a few hundred rubles (from 100 to 1000 - depends on the brand, quality, duration of the effect).
You can take a gentle paint without ammonia (approximate price - from 400 rubles). If you do not have the necessary fixtures at home (foil or hats, brushes, suitable non-metallic containers and other tools), include in the expenditure item expenditure on them.
For light blond hair
Blonde curls - ideal for creating a beautiful gradient, shining and shimmering in the sun. For dyeing thin strands, walnut, beige, light brown and light blond are suitable. Girls who belong to the cold summer color type should take ashy, platinum, pearl or mother-of-pearl. Golden, honey, wheat - a good choice for representatives of the warm spring type. You can use 1 or more tones, preferably a single color.
Important! Ashy, silver - very "capricious" shades that are optimal for girls with light eyes and white skin, devoid of defects, freckles, wrinkles.
For dark hair
Highlighting on brown-haired women and brunettes is difficult to make natural or glare. The selected shade, one way or another, will contrast with the main head of hair. The only exception may be a dark blond color, for which you can take an ash-silver or gray-blond (“mouse”).
Among the girls, who by nature have dark hair, usually there are representatives of warm autumn or cold winter types. From this it is necessary to make a start, considering the color range for frequent highlighting. Honey, amber, cognac, caramel, golden are considered the most suitable for brown-haired, for brunettes - all shades of coffee, chocolate, bronze, copper, chestnut. The silver or gray look on black curls effectively, but only if combined with light eyes and flawless skin.
Council On red hair it is appropriate to dye small strands of gold, amber, brandy or wheat.
It is possible to carry out small highlighting of hair in different ways: through a plastic cap, onto a foil, using a comb. But it is worth remembering that this process is lengthy and time consuming. You should not proceed to the procedure at home, if there is no relevant experience in staining or no one to invite to assistants. You can preview the training video to know what actions you will need during the procedure.
2-3 days before her wash your head so that she has time to cover with a thin greasy film that will protect the curls from the aggressive effects of the chemical composition.
For short hair, it is more convenient to use a hat or comb, for medium and long - foil.
The melee cap can be disposable and reusable. In the second case, the product is more dense, which facilitates the work (especially for an inexperienced master). For coloring strands You will need to follow this sequence of actions:
- Carefully comb dry hair.
- Put a hat on your head, fix it well.
- Using a special hairdressing or regular crochet hook, pull thin strands through the holes. Try to make them the same.
- Put on a waterproof cape or gown, gloves.
- Prepare a brightener (or paint if the strands are already discolored or do not require it).
- Brush, sponge or applicator evenly apply the composition to the hair that is pulled out from under the cap. Start with the parietal zone, gradually moving to the back of the head. Carefully comb each strand.
- On top, put on a plastic cap or bag, hiding the colored curls securely.
- Soak time recommended in the instructions for the tool.
- Wash off the dye with plenty of water, apply balm on the strands.
- Carefully remove the cap from the back of the head.
- Wash your head well again.
- If necessary, toned hair.
So that the coloring composition does not flow under the cap, make it thick.
To perform frequent small highlights with a comb, prepare a scallop with large, rare teeth. Apply a brightening agent to it and comb all hair alternately. From time to time add tool to the comb. After the allotted time, wash off the drug with plenty of warm water, apply a mask or balm on the curls. Do not forget about the protection of clothing and hands: pre-wear a bathrobe and gloves.
If you need to make highlights with small strands on the foil, follow this algorithm:
- Make the necessary preparations: select and purchase paint, check the availability of the necessary tools. Buy a special hairdresser's foil in rolls or cut strips of food shiny material. They should be wider than future strands, and the same length or twice as long (if you fold the tape twice), but taking into account the indentation on the "pocket".
- On each strip tuck 0.5–1 centimeters of foil with the matte side inwards. This is the "pocket", which will provide the necessary indentation from the roots and prevent paint leakage.
- Comb your hair, divide into 4–8 zones. Secure them with pins or clips.
- Guided by the instructions, prepare the dye.
- Throw something to protect your clothes (hair dressing gown / bathrobe / old t-shirt / towel), gloves.
- Dissolve the hair on the back of the head, form wide strands of it.
- Take the first and select from it thin parts for coloring. You can use a special comb or act according to the darning method: form small strands, and then select them through one, in a checkerboard pattern. For convenience, immediately put a curl on a piece of foil (on the matte part). "Pocket" should be under the roots.
- Apply the composition to the hair with a brush or sponge, without touching the “pocket” area and painting the curl upwards.
- Tie the foil on the sides and bottom, making an envelope, or lay on top of another piece.
- For reliability, fix the design with an invisible hairpin.
- Do the same with all the strands in the neck, then the temples and the crown.
- After the allotted time (depending on the recommendations on the packaging of the composition and the desired effect), wash off the paint. Remove the foil in the same sequence, from the bottom up, but do not immediately remove. Unfold each ribbon and rinse the hair on it so as not to stain the rest of the hair.
- In conclusion, once again rinse your head, apply a balm or a mask on the strands.
- If necessary, additionally toned curls.
Some tips for those who are going to make highlights with small strands using this technique:
- foil can be replaced with a film - then you can control the process of lightening hair,
- fix with hairpins not only colored curls, but also those that you miss to make the hairstyle more accurate,
- if you are unsure of the speed of your work, first form all the strands, securing them with hairpins on the foil, and then proceed to staining.
Regardless of the chosen mode of highlighting, first of all test the chemical agent. It should not cause an allergic reaction: itching, redness, peeling of the skin.
Frequent small highlighting - the procedure is time consuming, lengthy and tedious. It requires diligence, accuracy, patience. But the result is worth it. If you want to become the owner of a stylish hairstyle, adopt this dyeing method. Take care to observe all the nuances of technology so that the effect meets your expectations.
It is important to know about hair coloring:
Which highlighting is better - frequent or rare?
Depending on the results that you expect, it is necessary to determine the frequency of dyed hair and palette. If you only want to slightly refresh the image, then it is best to choose colors that are as close as possible to the base and shade them with only a few strands. Rarely bleached curls can frame the face - it will make it visually younger and fresher. Also, light "strokes" can be applied to the bangs.
Benefits of rare staining
If you like to stand out from the crowd, then a few bright strands in the hair will be in perfect harmony with the image. You can make highlighting only on the top of the head, this technique is called "Veil". The coloring composition is applied only on the top of the head, the occipital zone and sides are not affected, as is the lower layer, with the result that a new shade acquires an insignificant part of the hair.
Advantages of this method:
- It has a minimal negative impact on the hair because only some of the curls are colored,
- allows you to hide the flaws of the oval face, visually even out skin tone,
- Refreshes the image, but it does not change it drastically,
- has a lot of variations.
What is it and who will do?
The success of small highlights lies in the fact that it looks very natural and natural., unlike staining with large curls. The hairstyle becomes more volumetric in appearance, and the strands play in the sun with shimmering, which looks advantageous on short hair and on long hair.
The tone is chosen no more than 2 shades lighter than natural, so that the color accents look as natural as possible. Frequent highlighting is an excellent solution for those who do not want to change the hair color drastically, but at the same time wants to refresh their hair. Proper coloring will be able to visually adjust the shape and color of the face, as well as make hair more naturally fluffy.
It is worth noting that shallow dyeing technique is more time consuming and time consuming than the classictherefore, if you decide to do this for the first time, give your hair in the hands of a professional and do not experiment at home. The result will largely depend on the technique of applying paint and the chosen shade of the dye.
Should I do?
Highlighting is considered to be a more gentle way to change hair color, rather than full coloring, since not all hair is treated with brighteners, but only a part of it. Initially, the frequent highlighting was intended for owners of blond curls, but over time the coloring technique became more and more, so that even brunettes and blond hair could find a suitable option.
The unequivocal answer is whether frequent highlighting is suitable for light brown hair, no.But it can be said with accuracy that frequent coloring is perfect for owners of thin, dry and lifeless locks, which lack something to play with new colors and shades. Rare highlighting is a great way to emphasize the natural thickness and structure of hair.make curls more expressive.
How to choose a color?
Light brown hair is ideal for creating delicate color highlights and transitions. The following color schemes look natural and luxurious:
For girls with a color type Summer or Winter, colors such as ashy, platinum, mother of pearl and pearl are excellent. Autumn and Spring is suitable honey, wheat and gold. To create a more multifaceted and vibrant color, you can combine several shades of the same color range.
Technique and schemes
It is rather difficult to make small highlights on your own at home - you need to be able to work with dyes, tools and have proper skills to dye your hair without help. therefore for the first coloring better to turn to a professional.
Frequent highlighting is carried out in one of two ways:
- with a hat
- using foil.
Consider each method in a little more detail.
With the cap
- Hair is carefully combed, after which a special cap with holes is put on the head. It can be disposable cellophane or reusable rubber. The second option is better fitted to the head and, as a rule, hairdressers choose it.
- With the help of the hook, through the holes, the master begins to pull the strands one by one. So he divides the hair into 2 parts - those that should be intact remain under the cap, the rest - above the cap.
- Further, all the hair that is above the surface of the cap is colored. It is necessary to carefully treat each strand, then cover the head with a plastic cap.
- The tool is left on the hair for exposure to 25-45 minutes, then washed off.
- The mass of hair is divided into several parts and stabbed with clips, except for one. This part is divided into several thin strands.
- Further, a foil is placed under the hair, on which, through one, it is necessary to put strands. It is important that the dyed and uncolored strands are the same size.
- Strands laid out on the foil are treated with a brightening compound, after which each strand is wrapped in a kind of envelope.
- After 30-45 minutes, the foil should be removed, and the hair thoroughly washed and dried.
Is it possible to conduct the procedure yourself at home?
The classical highlighting procedure is much simpler and is often practiced at home. Moreover, back in Soviet times, when not everyone could get salon procedures, women managed to make a highlight at home using a plastic bag with self-made holes, and a mixture of soap, peroxide and ammonia. Frequent highlighting is not worth doing at home, as it requires more experience and skill. If you want to get a really beautiful result - sign up for a beauty salon.
What are the options for painting techniques?
Here are some technologies in which only fine strands are colored:
- American - color accents are made only in some parts of the head of hair - on the visas, crown, bangs, etc.
- Voila - very thin strands on the top are painted, which, like a thin veil, cover the rest of all other hairs.
- California - for this technique of coloring several shades of one color are taken. It creates the effect of a smooth transition from one shade to another. This coloring looks great on blondes and fair-haired girls.
- Ombre - the color of the curls becomes lighter from the roots to the tips, due to which the effect of natural burning out appears.
Before and after pictures
Below you can find examples of fine highlighting on light brown hair:
How often should I repeat the procedure?
Highlighting does not require frequent repetition and you can refresh the result once every 2-3 months. It is important to remember that lightening badly spoils the hair, and to close the hair scales will need subsequent toning. In order for the effect to last as long as possible, and the hair to feel better, you need to purchase shampoo, conditioner and a mask for dyed and bleached hair. If you can not do without hot styling - get a heat-shielding gel or spray.
Who is not suitable for such a technique?
Before dyeing hair, read the list of contraindications. Neglecting these recommendations may result in unforeseen hair color or deterioration.
- Not suitable for porous, split and brittle hair.
- Contraindicated after staining with natural dyes, such as henna or basma.
- Coloring in such a technique is prohibited after clarification, perm or straightening.
- With individual intolerance to the components and an allergic reaction to chemical dyes.
Small highlights can decorate the image of any woman. The main thing - to choose the right color and choose a good master. Even thin and sparse brown hair will be able to play with new colors and become visually more voluminous.
Minor hair weave
Often, turning to the salon, the ladies ask the master about this service, without even knowing how many types and techniques of highlighting exist in modern hairdressing, for example, fine highlighting of hair is of two types:
- small rare highlighting,
- small frequent highlighting.
The main difference between the two techniques from each other consists in the total number of colored strands. For rare highlighting a small amount of feathers is clarified.Such a dyeing technique implies a wide variation of several small strands on the hair around the head circumference.
For small frequent highlighting of the master dyes a large number of strands, as a result, depending on the wishes of the client, melirovannye feathers can completely block your own hair color.
Thanks to clear borders and contrasting colors, hair becomes bright and expressive. This variant of dyeing is suitable for hair of any color, but It is recommended to do this procedure only with a professional., since it is almost impossible to create symmetrical strands by yourself.
What hair color is most suitable fine highlights and is it possible to do it yourself at home? Are there any disadvantages of this staining procedure?
Features of the equipment and its disadvantages
During the process of fine highlighting, the master paints thin strands, receding a small distance from the roots, and selects several identical shades. After the procedure, light tint is applied to the hair: toning allows you to avoid the occurrence of sharp color transitions.
Disadvantages of fine highlighting:
- A large percentage of hair is affected. This technique is more suitable for ladies with thick hair. In case of such trichological problems as diffuse or androgenic alopecia, it is better to refuse the highlighting procedure.
- During the procedure, aggressive dyes are used that destroy the hair shaft.. Chemical agents are used for dyeing, which, with regular use, can damage the hair and cause hair loss.
It should be remembered that staining in the cabin is preferable, since the masters use certified products of well-known and reputable companies in their work.
Recently, the number of fans of small-scale technology has been inexorably growing.
Women continue to register in beauty salons, search for reviews from private masters, wanting to transform their curls.
Contraindications to the procedure
Despite the fact that fine highlighting is a common procedure, there are a number of conditions under which it is undesirable to dye hair in such a technique:
- It is necessary to postpone the fine highlights, if the hair was previously painted with henna or natural dyes. Highlighting such hair can give unpredictable results.
- Perm hair. In this case, you first need to restore the hair.
- Pregnancy or hormone therapy.
- Weakening of immunity after an illness.
Items and consumables
In the arsenal of tools for fine highlighting is to highlight special combs, which greatly facilitate the process of dyeing hair. They are of two types:
- comb, highlight strands,
- comb for applying brightener.
Also brushes, foils, special caps and trays for paint are used for the highlighting procedure. All the necessary accessories can be purchased at specialized online or offline stores. The most expensive tools - combs will cost about 500 rubles.
How to make brightened feathers with a cap yourself?
Coloring of small strands on short hair is called “feathers”. The main advantage of this method is the ease of implementation. To dye hair at home with a hat for highlighting the strength of a novice, who first encountered the hairdresser's craft.
Coloring done by yourself will not be drastically different from professional, if you correctly follow the technique of applying paint.
The sequence of staining strand:
- Put the cap on your head with small holes. It should fit as closely as possible to the head.
- Using the hook, pull the thin strands out.
- Liberally apply a brightening compound to your hair.
- Cover the hair with a wrap or wear a plastic shower cap.
- Hold the required time, which the manufacturer indicates in the manual or on the packaging.
- At the completion of the procedure, use a caring balm.
- Keeping strands of the same size will achieve the perfect result.
It should be borne in mind that this method of coloring through a cap is suitable for short haircuts, as well as for straight hair of medium length.
Watch the video on:
If you need to use foil
Aluminum foil is an indispensable material for sector dyeing hair. Masters use foil during fine highlighting to work with oxidative dyes.
Foil is used for dyeing on both long and thick hair. Highlighting on foil is a lengthy and painstaking process that is best left to professionals.
- Choose small strands with a special comb. For these purposes, ideal stripper.
- Put a foil under the curls.
- Brush apply brightener and roll up the foil, tightly pressing.
- Wrap each selected strand in a similar way.
- Follow the manufacturer's recommendations regarding the duration of staining.
- Remove the pieces of foil and wash the composition.
- After the procedure, apply a balm.
This technology is quite complex and without certain skills to achieve high-quality staining is almost impossible. Highlighting on the foil is dangerous because there is a risk of injury to the hair shaft, which will further lead to its splitting.
And so on the photo look strands as a result of the procedure on long and short hair.
Is it possible to correct the error in case of failure?
Often during self-dyeing or in the case of the master's inexperience, the question arises about correcting errors and saving hair. What are the shortcomings after the procedure of fine highlighting and how to fix them:
- Differences in the distance from the roots. This problem can be corrected in any hairdressing salon with the help of the correction of root indents.
- Failure to maintain uniform width or strand sizes. It is considered the most common mistake in small highlighting. The defect is corrected in the cabin by selecting the right paint and coloring correction.
- Yellow bleached strands. Most often appears during the highlighting of dark hair. Correction at home is possible after consultation with a competent master. To correct this defect, tinting agents, ammonia-free paints, and tinted shampoos are used.
- Unprofessionalism of the master. If, as a result of an unfortunate highlighting, all the above problems appeared on the hair, then in this case the best option would be to completely repaint the hair in one tone.
This procedure is necessarily carried out in the salon, because after an unfortunate highlighting of a strand of hair of different colors and when repainting in one tone, the paint can lie in different shades.
Tips for choosing long and short strands
Modern women are increasingly choosing short hair. Stylish, nontrivial and fashionable hairstyles in combination with small highlights - this is a great option for those who want to look younger by a few years.
The feathers look spectacular with a bean, graded square, garcon, layered and asymmetrical hairstyles. Highlighted strands will decorate the elongated square, cascade and avant-garde ragged haircut.
Minor highlights will turn a sultry brunette into a gentle blonde. The technique is performed on dark, blond, blond hair. Bright feathers are chosen by women who want to change their image and refresh their image.
During dyeing, warm and cold shades of blond are used. On girls of Slavic appearance ashy-blond strands organically and naturally look. Blondes and light blond hairdressers and stylists advise you to dye your hair with semi-permanent or tinted dyes.
Brave women who are not afraid of experiments with appearance, decide to make feathers on long curls. In this case, you should take a responsible attitude to the choice of the master, because to restore the length in a short period of time is almost impossible.
How to care after holding?
Before the procedure, always apply the product on one strand and only then proceed to staining. Having decided to transform, Do not forget about restorative care, which will help to maintain the strength and beauty of hair. Treatments include masks, shampoos, and balsams for the treatment of colored hair.
Since highlighting is a process of bleaching curls, the result will hold until the hair grows back. In some cases, the shade may "fade". To keep beautiful hair it is necessary to periodically tint the hair roots and strands.
Highlight small strands looks much more natural than large ones. Curls, painted in a similar way, become more lively and voluminous. Feathers are an ideal option for those who want to hide gray hair. Hair of any length is suitable for coloring: bleached locks look good even on short hairstyles.
We change, remaining ourselves
Highlighting is a gentle way of coloring hair for those who want to be bright, but not flashy, tender, but intriguing, brunette, but also blonde at the same time. In a word, it combines all the versatile, and sometimes mutually exclusive, qualities inherent only to real women.
Highlighting is able to maintain the background hair color, transforming the hair with individual dyed locks. It helps styling to become volumetric, lively, with an interesting game and overflow of colors. The range of options and color connections when coloring is infinite. And this means that it is not difficult to be always different, without changing your hair color drastically. But is it safe? We will find out.
How often should we highlight hair?
Professionals - hairdressers and trichologists, agree in the unanimous opinion that it is not desirable to undergo the highlighting procedure more often than once every two months.
Girls who often resort to highlighting, over time, notice the following changes:
- hair becomes brittle and thin,
- natural shine disappears
- the loss of often stained strands increases,
- begins a strong section of the tips.
In order to minimize all the harmful effects of highlighting and to save the result for a longer period, you should remember the main care points behind the colored hair. By following these rules, you will keep your hair healthy and free yourself from the need for frequent tinting of the strands.
- Use only specially selected shampoo for dyed or melirovannyh hair. They contain ingredients that restore the structure of the hair and enrich the scalp with healthy microelements.
- Mandatory use of a protective balm conditioner.
- It is desirable to completely eliminate the drying of hair with a hair dryer, as well as the use of all kinds of forceps and irons. Or reduce the use of all these devices to a minimum.
- Comb your hair after it is completely dry. And you need to choose a comb, only from a natural material. It would be nice to use additional fluid gels for easier combing and shine to the hair.
- At least once a week to do a restoring mask, which also helps to protect the tips from the section.
However, the most basic rule of successful highlighting is that it can only be done on healthy hair.
Hair coloring - a short hair care excursion
Literally 15 years ago, most girls knew only two types of staining: plain and highlighting. But now there are many more varieties, and the girls are already confused with the names of the types of hair coloring. Photos in glossy editions attract the successful results of multi-staining, and you really want to try it out for yourself. So how is balayazh different from highlighting, and shatush from ombre?
Hair coloring - a short excursion to hair care on ProdMake.ru
This is a one-tone coloring, that is, a familiar coloring to everyone. After toning all hair evenly dyed in one color. With such a technique, there are no transitions, no gradations, no mixing of shades on the hair. But the color can be mixed from several tubes with different shades to achieve the necessary.
One of the new types of hair coloring, in which the roots have a much darker color than at the ends. At its core, this technique is close to highlighting, but with it it is not the strands that are lightened, but a gradient is made along the length of the hair. The darker color at the roots to the tips is getting lighter and lighter. According to the rules, the transition should be smooth, the result should not resemble the grown dark roots of a brunette, who is painted in a blonde.
Of all types of hair coloring shatush looks the most natural. Not everyone will even guess that the hair is colored. At its core, shatush is similar to highlighting, it is also the clarification of strands and their further toning. But using shades close to the natural hair color, gentle compositions.
Perhaps the most fashionable type of hair dye - balayazh. This is a gentle and natural option ombre. Balayage is a French word and translates as “sweeping.” As with the ombre, the goal is to make a gradient from dark at the roots to light at the tips. But shades are used natural and different from the natural color of hair no more than 3 tones.
In 2016, a new trend started - colored hair. Girls, regardless of style and age, began to dye their hair in fancy colors such as blue, pink and even purple. Previously, only young fans of rock culture and cosplay were so fond of this. With proper combination with clothes, makeup and beautiful styling it looks pretty fabulous and magical. Few people want to go like that all their lives, but when to try something like this, not at the height of the trend.
This is the classic repainting of the blonde, that is, a cardinal lightening, without any transitions. Constant blonding is not a cheap pleasure, but for some girls it just transforms. The most desirable for girls who decide to become blondes is a cold Scandinavian blonde. But it is the hardest thing to do, since most girls have red pigment in their hair, which is very difficult to etch. Therefore, for inept masters, the blonding is obtained with a yellow tinge.
10 tips on how to keep salon results as long as possible
Here are some tips on how to maintain the result of new types of hair dye as long as possible:
- Use detergents for dyed hair, this is not an advertising move, they really wash out the paint less.
- Do not neglect the conditioner, it seals the pigment.
- Wash your hair with cool water.
- In order to avoid a yellow shade in the hair, after washing and before applying the balms, apply a purple shading shampoo for 10 minutes.
- Do not use oils in hair care, as they wash out the paint.
- Avoid direct exposure to sunlight and tanning beds, ultraviolet will ruin the salon result.
- After visiting the salon, try not to wash your hair for 2 days to fix the paint.
- As rarely as possible, wash your hair if it quickly becomes greasy, that is, it makes sense to make friends with dry shampoos.
- Sauna and swimming pool harm hair color, so either avoid visiting them or protect hair with a towel and a hat.
- Try to visit a proven master at least once every 2-3 weeks, and then the result will always be the same. -
Small highlights for women of fashion
One of the most famous options for straightening strands is shallow highlighting. He has another name - "frequent". This method has a number of advantages over others, but it bribes women by the fact that small strands of a different tone give the hairstyle originality, and have an incredible effect. Therefore, many ladies are interested in whether it is possible to make it at home.
One of the advantages of small highlighting is that it looks more natural than highlighting in large curls. Hair gaining new life, playing in the sun with shimmering colors, giving styling a gloss, looks great on hair of any length. This technique is a clarification (dyeing) of small strands of hair not from the roots, but departing from them up to 1 cm. In most cases, small highlighting is done with the expectation of 1-2 tones lighter than the natural hair color, which allows the hair to look natural. Sometimes use a few similar in tone shades of paint. After highlighting in this way, experts recommend doing hair tinting.
These advantages are the tip of the iceberg. The main problem of using this technique is that the process itself affects a large percentage of hair (40% -60%). At the same time, the action of an aggressive dye has a destructive effect on the structure of the curls.
Another significant drawback of this method of hair coloring - the complexity and duration of the process. If you are the owner of thick and long hair, even a hairdresser in the salon will have to spend at least 2-3 hours on you.
Accordingly, the cost for this procedure is several times higher than the cost of highlighting other types. At home (alone), highlighting for this type of hair is not recommended. The result may not satisfy you.
However, those girls who have experienced this method are not afraid of either the duration or the cost of the procedure. In comparison with the effect that this technique results in, the problems seem insignificant. Ladies, knowing how the dyeing in the salon goes, try to master this technique on their own at home.
Small highlights using caps
Small highlighting, or "feathers", or "frequent" at home is not difficult to do. The main thing is to have time and patience. The easiest way to do this is highlighting using a special cap. If you follow all the recommendations, the result will be no worse than in a professional beauty salon.
Making "feathers" with a hat
Specialized stores sold a set for highlighting. It includes the following components:
Cap for highlighting or foil. It all depends on which coloring method you choose,
Wide plastic brush,
Hook for pulling curls,
Porcelain, glass or plastics paint bowl,
Paint. Choose a dye depending on your hair type. For dark curls, it should contain at least 12% oxidant. For light - 4%,
Latex or cellophane gloves.
Be sure to prepare an unnecessary towel that you cover your shoulders. Drops of paint can get on clothes and spoil them.
Test before use. Dissolve a small amount of paint in a bowl. Apply a smear to the inside of the wrist or elbow. The skin in these areas is thin and sensitive. If you are allergic to dye components, redness, swelling or itching (burning) will appear in five to ten minutes. In the event that you do not feel these symptoms, feel free to start highlighting.
Put on a special hair for highlighting on dry hair. By the way, in the absence of it, you can use a swimming cap, in which cut holes of small diameter,
Using the hair hook, pull small strands through the holes. Try to have the same volume,
After you finish the procedure of pulling out the strands, paint them abundantly with a brush. This will allow the brightener to be evenly distributed across the strands and achieve a uniform color.
The time needed to lighten the hair is indicated in the paint instructions. After that, remove the cap and wash all hair with shampoo and plenty of warm water. Be sure to apply to your hair after washing a moisturizing balm, but rather a mask.
Girls who make highlighting using a special (or cellophane) cap, remember that this technique applies only to short, and shoulder-length hair. If the hair is curly or very thick, consult a specialist.
Fine highlighting using foil
Lightening option that is suitable for long hair. Particularly impressive this technique looks on medium length thick hair. If in the case of a cap, the strands are colored at the same time, and you can follow the change in their color, then the packaging of each curl in foil takes too much time, and you can burn the first packaged strands and not achieve the desired color in the last batch.
Therefore, for uniform coloring, call an assistant and prepare the tools and materials in advance.
So, you will need:
Comb with frequent teeth and a long sharp end. Be sure to choose a plastic or wood comb. Metallic is not suitable for work, because it is highly susceptible to oxidation,
Cut the foil into strips, the length of which is equal to the length of the hair, multiplied by 2. It is advisable to make at least 10 centimeters in the width of the strip,
Paint. In each package of paint enclosed instructions for use. Before dyeing hair carefully read it, and, in accordance with your type and color of curls, calculate the time needed to achieve the desired result,
Plastic brush, which is used to paint on curls,
Latex or cellophane gloves,
A towel that is draped over the shoulders so as not to spoil the clothes.
Now proceed to the process of highlighting:
Comb your hair thoroughly and divide it into parting
Starting from parting, choose strands staggered and put them on foil,
Apply the composition onto the strands over the foil with a brush. Hold down with your second hand,
Wrap the foil so that the bottom edge coincides with the top, and gently fix by pressing. In specialized stores sold clips for foil,
Repeat this process with other strands, first on one side of the head, then on the opposite side, and then proceed to the back of the head,
To sustain the necessary time
To wash off the paint from the curls in the order in which it was applied. This will align the effect in time.
After washing off the paint from each curl, wash the hair with warm water and shampoo. Be sure to apply a nourishing mask or balm. After that, you can begin to tint the hair in the desired color.
For girls whose long hair is better to use the services of stylists and hairdressers. Cost is expensive, but the result will amaze you. If you decide to daub at home, there is a risk to burn your hair and part with the length to restore their structure.
Some more highlighting options in the cabin
Many methods of highlighting have been developed that are best done in the cabin. Among them are the following:
Among the advantages of French highlighting the following:
Visually increases the volume of hair,
Creates a game of highlights on the curls,
Carefully lightens hair,
This variant of highlighting is not based on color contrast. It is characterized by easy transitions from one tone to another.
However, this mode of highlighting is not done on dark hair. The effect of it is practically not noticeable. Light blond and blond hair literally transforms and shines.
The technique of French highlighting is based on the use of a dye that does not contain ammonia. The main component of such dyes is natural wax, which carefully cares for curls, enveloping them with a protective and regenerating film. These tools lighten curls into several tones. At the same time, strands look like golden shiny threads, like burned-out strands. The color of such staining varies from golden to whitish. The result is bright, glowing in the sun curls.
As already mentioned, due to the fact that there is no ammonia in the dye, the hair undergoes a careful lightening, and their structure is not disturbed. This highlight on sparse hair women really like. The effect of it is amazing, and the curls only get stronger and look healthy for a long time.
What is the reason for the woman's desire to change the natural hair color? For example, from a brunette turn into a blonde. The reasons are different - from the desire to change the image to the banal fashion. However, today there are dark-haired beauties in the trend. Therefore, many ladies, approaching the ideal, return the natural hair color. This helps them reverse highlighting.
This method most carefully and gently returns the hair to its original color. In order to gradually achieve blond shades, the curls are colored 1-2 shades darker than the main hair color. This helps to gradually return to the original color, and hides the dark strands grown from the roots. At the same time, reverse highlighting gently cares for curls, leaving their main part untouched. For the weakened and burned-out lightening reagents curls - it's just a salvation.
Pros and cons of small highlighting
The advantages of highlighting small strands include the following:
With a short melirovanie hair for a long time retain the beauty and shine. This will reduce the frequency of visits to hair salons. Now you can visit him once every six months for correction (highlighting of regrown roots) and for the next haircut,
Small highlights hide early gray hair.
Negative moments are few, but you should know about them:
For those who recently dyed their hair or did a perm, highlighting is absolutely contraindicated. It can be done no less than 30-40 days.Otherwise, the result can be unpredictable - from hair of a greenish shade to falling out of strands.
Both for small and for frequent highlighting, strong, healthy hair is needed. Do not do this procedure if you have problems with curls. It will negatively affect dry and sparse curls.
Positive aspects of frequent highlighting
Frequent staining of fine strands is a great chance to drastically change your appearance without much harm to hair. Small curls can be shaded as close as possible to the natural shade of flowers. This will help to visually make rare hair bulky and voluminous. The thinner the colored locks are, the more natural the result will be.
Quite interesting results are obtained when, after clarification, the strands are tinted in several colors. It helps to create spectacular play and glare in the hair, which gives it a special charm.
The advantages of frequent staining:
- the ability to drastically change the image without full hair coloring,
- abundance of colors and shades,
- availability of techniques that do not affect the roots and make their growth invisible to others,
- perfect shading of gray hair
- the ability to go to your natural hair color after dyeing.
Frequent coloring of curls is possible in different techniques. The most common option is the classic one. It consists in lightening the strands along the entire length. For short and medium length hair is done using a special cap with holes through which the strands are pulled. The painting composition is applied with a brush, immediately goes back of the head, then - the top and sides. This procedure can be carried out both independently and in the cabin.
The long hair is quite hard to pull in through the small holes, because when measuring is used foil. It is placed under the strands, which are processed by the dye, and then firmly wrapped so that the hair is in a kind of “pocket”.
Withstand the compositions, as indicated on the package. However, the simplest classical method does not end with options.
Under the hot sun of California, hair is very faded. To achieve this effect, it is not necessary to go to the States, you can simply use the California technique of frequent dyeing strands. Initially, the individual curls are lightened, then several shades are applied on them, most closely resembling the base.
It is important that the master correctly arranges the tones; this will help create smooth transitions from light to dark, and vice versa.
The effect of the procedure will certainly please you - it seems that the sunbeams got lost in their hair after a fabulous vacation on the ocean. Perfectly suitable this type of highlighting dark and blond girls.
This type of frequent coloring will give your hair the most natural and truly chic look. Due to the fact that preference is given to natural shades, the hair seems naturally burned out in the sun. Spinning is painted in a chaotic manner, while the root is not affected, it is indented by 1.5-2 cm from it. The color becomes lighter closer to the tips.
The wizard creates a smooth transition, because you will not need to worry about the growing roots, they harmoniously fit into the image. This technique looks brightest of all on brunettes and brown-haired women, but also the light brown color of the hair is not an obstacle for creating Venetian highlights.
Perhaps the most universal method that has been collecting positive feedback from stylists and their clients for several years in a row. The Internet has a lot of photos and videos, which depict world-wide stars with this type of coloring - hairstyles are very stylish, voluminous and bright.
The essence of the technique is that only the tips from the middle of the strands are brightened, and the natural color remains at the top. The transition is quite pronounced, because the ombra is best suited for an elongated bob and other haircuts for long curls.
The most striking effect will be from a combination of a dark base and a light bottom, the shade can be both cold and warm, depending on the type of appearance.
The technique was invented in Paris when it occurred to stylists to recreate the tint of curls from childhood. Remember how some parts of the hair became a little lighter from the fact that you often ran under the summer sun? To achieve exactly the same effect will help balajazh, and no one even guesses that you were in a beauty salon, and not sunbathed on a yacht off the Mediterranean coast.
Strands are painted in a lighter shade with a gradual lightening to the tips. The transition is almost invisible, but it creates an amazing game of glare.
For this technique, the most popular are natural colors that are just a few tones lighter than the base. The most advantageous modulations look on light brown, chestnut and black hair.
"Salt and pepper"
The technique is suitable for those who want to create an artificial gray hair in their curls. It is noteworthy that only young girls can afford it, but if you really began to appear silvery hairs, it is better not to hide them behind this type of coloring, it will only visually add age.
The essence of highlighting is that the strands are not only lightened, but also tinted in ashy shades. To achieve the effect of a noble proseed is quite difficult, and not all girls go to such images, therefore, before the procedure, it is necessary to consult with the stylist.
If you are a bright and courageous person with a non-trivial image, then “Salt and Pepper” ideally emphasizes the exclusivity of your style.
How often to make hair color correction?
After partial dyeing, it is necessary to maintain the hairstyle in a neat appearance. Special cosmetic and home remedies for care for melirovanny hair will help to make it.
However, even with the most careful care, sooner or later there is a need for a refreshing tone. You can visit the beauty salon once a month or even less, it all depends on the technique chosen by the master.
If the clarification was carried out from the roots, the correction is done more often. Some girls need to tint curls every 3-4 weeks, while others lose neatness after 2 weeks - it all depends on the speed of hair growth, which is individual for each person.
Techniques that involve retreat from the roots, "worn" much longer. For example, ombra or balayazh need to be refreshed no more than once every 2-3 months.
- moisturize and nourish the colored curls,
- choose products for the care of one line, they work better in the kit,
- trim split ends in time to prevent the destruction of hair along the entire length,
- adjust the highlighting only from the master who made it to you,
- comb your hair at least 4 times a day to stimulate their growth,
- massage your head and use traditional medicine to restore and nourish curls.
Let's sum up
Frequent staining is rare or rare — you choose. Both methods have their undeniable advantages and some disadvantages, which the master should warn you about.
When using modern techniques and dye compositions, you can achieve a variety of results, ranging from a slight underlining of the image, and ending with radical changes.
Remember that any highlighting is best done by an experienced professional who will help you correctly arrange the tones and choose the most suitable technique for you.